Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Loving our baby

I am just loving, loving, loving having a new baby in the house! Really, it truly does not get old! Jonah is just the sweetest thing. I love how floppy babies are, how they smell, how soft their skin is, how they look at you, a nursing baby is just too precious, their cute feet, their cute little sounds, how Jonah quiets right down when picked up or hears my voice.....oh I could go on and on. I was holding Jonah for quite a while this afternoon while the girls were in the pool. I sit on the couch and watch from the window. And he and I sat there very content for almost an hour and a half.

Things are going well over here. I do have to say that the worst of having a new baby is the lack of routine. That has been very hard to deal with this time around. I think it is harder only because we spent the past half a year with a predictable routine. And now its a bit chaotic. I really think the kids do much better on a routine. I am NOT a schedule kind of person, as I have tried that and I just can't make it work. However we do have a routine of getting certain things done in a certain order. But with a newborn, well that all goes out the window :-)

I have been reading more on that wonderful blog I have a link for in one of my recent posts. I have been sooooo encouraged. She had a post on frugality (imagine that, being frugal with 14 kids- I'm joking here) and she mentioned another site that has a cookbook and CD on frugal living. I am really looking into getting it! Some of you may have seen the episodes on TV of large families, one of them being the Jeub family. Here is the link to their book:
http://jeubfamily.com/

I don't have any new pictures to share. I really want to get a picture of all the kiddos on the floor in a spoke wheel fashion. We took one when Saoirse was just a baby. It's time to get an updated spoke wheel!

I had a wonderful friend come over and bring us dinner. She is the person that I get our goat's milk from. She made this wonderful chuck beef over rice. Get this...it was from their own cow! No growth hormones in there! It was very delicious. Not only was the dinner wonderful, but she stayed and talked for a bit, and the fellowship was sweet as well. It is always great to have another perspective on a situation. Sometimes when you are in the thick of things you feel like you are in a deep, dark hole that you will never get out of. It was great to be able to talk with her and just get that renewed spark, that God's mercies are indeed new EVERY morning. As of late I feel like by 8 AM I have out lived those mercies!!!!

We have Jed and Jonah in bed, and Jeremiah is finishing up the girl's history. Then we will spend a bit of time in family worship. Then this big girl is off to bed herself. I have been very fortunate that Jonah does well during the night, but waking and being awake for almost an hour every night, then getting woken at 5:30 AM for the morning feeding....lets just say my eyes are a bit heavy come 9 PM at night :-) Goodnight all!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You sound like you are doing soo well. I undersatnd you cried over Little House in the Prairie, but still. My little one is 3 weeks now and Im feeling overwelmed. Not with him. He is so wonderful and I second EVERYTHING you said. But life is overwelming and I dont think I've had time to fully recover. Or been allowed to have time. It was refreshing to hear you speak about your days and how you're doing. :)
God Bless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...