Thursday, July 17, 2008

Granola bar recipe

OK, before I give out the recipe does any one else notice that floating baby over there with the big fat ZERO under it???? Yeah, I did to! I think that I should be in such a state as to not have seen it. You know the one, lying in bed, propped by pillows, nursing a newborn, sipping water.....not on a computer seeing that there are zero days left till my due date :-) Oh well. So here is the recipe I talked about. Everything in parenthesis is what I add to my granola, everything else is the original recipe.

Granola Bars
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup almonds, chopped
1/4 cup oat bran (I add flax seeds instead)
(1/4 cup sunflower seeds)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup honey
(large spoonfuls of peanut butter, I just scoop it in, maybe a half cup)
1/4 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp vegetable oil

1. heat oven to 350
2. Combine oats, bran, almonds, cinnamon (and any other dry goods) in a bowl
3. In another bowl mix oil, honey and extracts (and any other wet ingredients)
4. Pour liquid into the dry mix, and stir
5. Press mix into a 7x9 inch pan
6. Bake 12 minutes
7. Cut into bars
8. Bake another 3-5 minutes, until golden
9. cool on rack

Oh, Yummy! I just had one myself before I typed this up. This is a crunchy granola bar and not the soft chewy kind. But for some reason they are really hitting the spot for me these days.

So looks like another house bound day. I am hoping to get the kids outside. Yesterday I ran out of energy to do that. I need to spray them with some bug spray as the mosquitoes have made their appearance here lately. And that means they need to get washed up afterwards, something I had no energy to do. But Moira is lying on the couch really feeling yucky right now. Hopefully with some Motrin she'll be feeling up to getting some fresh air later.

I had a small job for Isa and Moira to do later, but I may have to do it myself if they are not feeling up to it. For hand dish washing, and for cleaning I use washcloths instead of sponges. We buy the utility pack at Walmart. I do not like the large size so I cut them in half and sew up the raw edge. It has been a while since we last did this and my current wash cloths are literally falling apart. So I had Jeremiah buy some new ones the other night, and I cut them in half. Saoirse had the fun job of cutting all the little tags off! Now we just need to sew them up. This is how I will be keeping myself busy until the baby comes. Doing little things here and there. Yesterday I overextended myself and I am very happy that the baby decided not to come last night as I was tuckered out. I got a good nights sleep last night, and will make sure not to repeat that same mistake yesterday!

Off to start the day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...