Friday, August 08, 2008

Another contest!

I can't seem to get enough of these really wonderful contests. I never win anything, but hey, it's a lot of fun to meet new people and have a chance :-) This one is for a book called:

The Apron Book: Making, Wearing, and Sharing a Bit of Cloth and Comfort
by
EllynAnne Geisel




You just need to go visit Mountain Morning to enter. So don't delay, go here for the details.






I really wish I knew how to just type in the word "here" and it be a link, so all this goobaly glop doesn't take up so much space :-)




Here is a picture of not only me, but of Isabella and I in our aprons, holding up an apron I just made the other day (for Made for Trade day). It's like the one I am wearing only different colors.


I never used to wear an apron (I currently own just one), but this past year I have really desired to wear mine more often. I would wear it all the time, but it is the only one I have, so I am trying to make it last longer :-) I have been looking online for just the right pattern. When I saw this contest I almost jumped up and down I was so giddy! If I don't win I will have to buy that book. Something really does happen when you don an apron. Can't really explain why, but it is true. It's kind of like putting on a uniform, it is time to work. I have found myself spotting aprons all over the net, taking mental notes on their construction. I would really like to have, oh, about 20 more aprons! Hee, hee, I'm joking, 19 will do ;-) I like a full apron as I seem to have the knack of getting my shirt and skirt wet or stained while cleaning. Seeing as how my wardrobe was limited this pregnancy I needed to preserve the shirts I did have! I have a bit more selection now, but not by much, so my apron is serving me well. We had a lot of work to get done today and I put my apron on early this morning to get the inspiration I needed to get it all done. I have to say it is working as the house is taking shape!

So stop reading and get going to enter yourself in!!!

Edited to try out my new found knowledge (thanks to Brandi), on how to put a link with out all the goobaly glop :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for entering my giveaway! Your post is great ~ and you really should buy the book if you don't win it...it is the best! :0)

Okay, here are instructions for how to link to a website without having to type out the whole url:

On your "new post" page, when you are typing in your post content, highlight the text that you want to link from (for example, the word "here"). Then, click on the little icon above the text section that looks like the earth with a ring around it. A box will pop up that prompts you to type in a url (beginning with http://). I usually just copy and paste straight from the desired website so that I don't make any mistakes. Click "save" and you're done!

Hope that works for you! I've got you down for 5 entries...good luck!

Brandi

The Southern Peach-Girls said...

Brandi,
Oh, wow I am so excited you told me how to do the links!!! I will have to go and try it out. I love your blog and can't wait to read more!
Kerri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...