Thursday, January 19, 2012

The poor thing!

Must start school, but thought I would write quick.  I am hoping to remind myself to write a full post on this as I need a safe way to store my information.  Trying to keep three small papers safe and sound is a hard task around these parts.  But those papers have all the information I need to help Saoirse get well.

We finally were able to see our holistic practitioner.  Some may recall that Saoirse has been complaining of headaches, dizziness and stomach pain.  On top of that I noticed her cystitis getting 'worse'.  Well come to find out the poor thing has a sinus infection, an ear infection and a bladder infection!!  The sinus infection explains her headaches and stomach pain (from the post nasal drip).  And her seemingly worsening of her cystitis was just a bladder infection thrown on top.  Needless to say this also explains her emotional breakdowns in the past couple of weeks.  Basically she was at the end of her rope of feeling poorly.  I would have taken her in sooner had she told me how badly she felt.  She never had a fever, and pretty much lived a normal life :-) 

The funny thing was that towards the end of her testing I was thinking to myself, "What in the world????  Is this diet helping us at all?  Where am I going wrong?..."  Soon after those thoughts entered my mind our practitioner says, "I know you may find this hard to believe, but Saoirse is actually very healthy.  There's only been a few people I can say that are 'clean', but she's one of them.  So you are doing a great job with this diet."  Really?  wow!  Ok, deep breath in, deep breath out.  The bottom line is that it appears we have not eradicated the mold like we thought as this is the underlying issue that Saoirse is facing.  I have a long list of supplements and natural remedies that she has to start taking.  Make no doubt about it, it's going to be labor intensive.  I have to say that is one draw back with this holistic practitioner(h.p.) compared to homeopathy.  With our h.p., you get her remedy and on top of it you have to take a bunch of supplements and natural remedies.  With homeopathy you only need to take a single remedy a few times a day for only a few days.  But, the homeopathy is a lot more expensive.  Especially since they would see this as a constitutional case and not an acute situation.  Oh well.  At least I know what we are facing and that we have a means to beat it.

Alrighty, off to gather my girls to start our lessons.  I'll be back later to write out all the info for what she has to take.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...