Friday, January 20, 2012

Natural remedies galore!

Alrighty, here are the supplements/remedies that I need to give to Saoirse.  At the end I list some supp./rem.  for some of the rest of us.

For Overall Health:

::  To get to the root of the problem we need to test for mold.  I know that even if we still have mold it has to have decreased significantly as I am not getting back to back sinus infections.

::  Alkalizing drink.  This will help with her sinus and bladder infections.  To be taken 2 times a day.

1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup of water

::  Health tonic.  Or ACV shot :-)  To be taken twice a day.  (Recommended for all of us.)

1 TBS of apple cider vinegar
pinch of baking soda
wait till fizzing stops, then add:
honey to taste (I'm thinking lots!)

For the Sinus Infection:

::  Create a steam tent (boiling pot of water under a towel) with lavender essential oil and eucalyptus essential oil.  Saoirse needs to breathe this in *every* hour the first two days, then go down to every two hours, then every 3 hours, etc.  This alone is going to be very taxing as she is not old enough to do this herself, or even to be left alone to breathe it in herself.

::  Vitamin D3, 4,000 IUs daily to be broken up into 2 or 3 doses

:: Vitamin C powder with a pinch of baking soda in water. This helps to buffer the vit. C, making it easy on your stomach. Take to bowel tolerance.
:: Powdered magnesium citrate (do NOT use magnesium oxide), with potassium. Put in water. Take to bowel tolerance.

::  The 3 Musketeers (a natural antibacterial combo).  Take this for 7 to 10 days:

colloidal silver 2 times a day
In a "0" size capsule put--
1/2 capsule of grapefruit seed extract
1/2 capsule of oregano oil
::  At bedtime fill humidifier with 3% hydrogen peroxide.  Using food grade peroxide and diluting it is cheaper.  Make sure to cover any nearby surfaces as it can 'bleach' them.


  For Ear Infection:
 
::   Fill ear canal with hydrogen peroxide.  Can use food grade to increase to 5 or 6 percent peroxide.  Wait till fizzing stops, let peroxide drain out.  She must do this multiple times a day till we observe no more fizzing.  Fizzing signifies an infection.
 

For Bladder Infection:
 
::  We need to get some pH strips to check her overall alkalinity and for the UTI.  (must be between 7.0 and 8.0, definitely not below that range.
 
::  Cranberry juice, 100% kind.  This will be hard to take, maybe honey will help the medicine go down?
 
::  Urva Ursi, 1 pill 2 times a day, for 10 days only.  Do not exceed 10 days.
 
 
So that is all for Saoirse's acute infections.  As a maintenance she should take the following drink.  
 
1/2 cup lemon juice (straight from the lemons), make sure to get some pulp in there
cap full of Fulvic Mineral Complex
pinch of baking soda
pinch of sea salt
Fill up a glass or water bottle the rest of the way with water.
 
The above drink can be used during times of dehydration, or used as a sports drink.  If you have a child with a fever you put them in the bath tub with the following additives, and then give them this drink to sip while they soak.
 
For Bath:
1 cup baking soda
1 cup borax
2 cups Epsom salt
 
 
Then for me, our practitioner was able to see that I was having joint issues.  It has been much better since being on GAPS.  I used to wake up and all my joints were in a lot of pain.  It would take me an hour to loosen up and be able to move without pain.  With GAPS the pain is gone, but I do still have some stiffness.  So I am supposed to take the following concoction:
 
1 TBS apple cider vinegar
cap full of Fulvic Mineral Complex
pinch of baking soda
pinch of sea salt
 
I am also to look into taking MSM, which is a sulfur supplement.
 
Our practitioner was very happy to see Jedidiah's progress. One of the most notable was that he is growing into his head.  He is finally looking more proportional.  This is a good thing.  I was lamenting the fact that, although we have seen great progress with Jed, we haven't seen the weight gain like we would like.  I was reminded that one of the first things our practitioner found when Jed was first tested, was that his heart was weak.  As a safety mechanism a person's body will not outgrow its heart's ability to function properly.  So it was suggested that we get Jed on the following:
 
::  Krill oil.  Number one!  Must get!  Not sure how we are going to get him to take it.  I'll come up with something.
 
::  An omega supplement
 
::  Magnesium citrate.  I can probably put it in his smoothies
 
::  Possibly look into CoQ 10
 
::  Cyenne pepper would be helpful, but both of us couldn't think of how to get that into him.
 
For Flannery, since she is still having some pinching sensations, although MUCH, much improved.  She needs to be on the magnesium as well.  It looks to me like we will be investing in a bulk order of magnesium :-)
 
And finally some help with female cramping.  One of our girls has been having very painful cycles and it looks more like a hormone issue.  So for maintenance she needs to take kelp.  You could use a good iodine liquid, but kelp is safer I guess.  Also for pain, until the kelp corrects any issues:
 
Turmeric pills
Boswalia pills
MSM pill
Magnesium oil spray on skin over affected area
 
I do not know the dosages, you would have to read the bottles.
 
Well just looking over this list is exhausting!  I guess I better get to work!!!
 
AS ALWAYS do your own research!! I am only sharing things that we plan on doing, this is not to be taken as medical advice.  Please see your own health practitioner.
 
 

4 comments:

Kathy said...

My husband takes cayenne pepper to combat inflammation for back pain. Want me to look into where he gets them? I bet you could put some into capsules....in all of your free time ;)

The Southern Peach-Girls said...

Ooh, I forgot about that one! Yes, if you have a great place to get some do let me know. So far we've been getting most of our stuff off of Vitacost.

Blessings,
Kerri

Meg said...

Thanks for posting this; I'm always looking for natural resources! I'm curious to hear how your kiddos do taking it all... I've struggled a lot with getting my two-year old to take anything!

The Southern Peach-Girls said...

Meg,
Well,it seems that 2 yos are indeed a special case :-) One thing to think about, and this is for short term, during an illness I suppose, is to do as many as you can thru the skin. Won't take ACV? Give her a bath with it in there. Won't take oil of oregano? Rub it on the bottom of her feet. I think you and I see the same holistic practitioner ;-) Maybe she's already given you some of these ideas? One thing that helps to get the medicine to go down is to put it in a spoon of honey ladened yogurt.
Good luck with it!!

Blessings,
Kerri
PS, if you find any ways to get it down easier, let me know! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...