Here are the materials I chose to use for the skirts, they are cut out and ready to sew. They are folded in half here. There are only two pieces for the skirt bottom. It doesn't get any easier than that!
Here you can see the original pattern, in white. It was way too short for my tastes. so I lengthened it, and made it wider. I made one in jean material, and although it fits, it got a bit snugger. I had forgotten to factor in the widening hips. And not just widening due to weight gain, but in the last two weeks or so I noticed my hips totally widen due to the relaxing hormones, getting me ready to birth a baby. It's an amazing process to be sure!
This blue piece is one of four knit pieces that will be for the stretch panel at the top. You cut four total. It comes out to be two pieces wide, and two pieces thick. The thickness helps with extra support. The materials I chose this time are much lighter than the jean material I used. The brown with flowers I think is the perfect weight. It hangs nicely, not too stiff and not too light.
Here is the finished brown skirt, with a maroon stretch panel. I love this skirt!
Here is the skirt on me, I'm showing just how big my tummy has gotten as well :-) I got the blue skirt done as well, and I didn't make that one as wide at the bottom. I like the the wider bottom better, giving it more body. It still works, but I think I hit the right balance with the brown skirt. I cut the green skirt the same width as the brown, so it will be interesting to see how it lies. The batik fabric is much lighter, and doesn't have the same hang as the brown. I really need to keep a notebook on my projects so that I will know what type of fabric I used. I don't remember what type of fabric the brown is. Silly me.
Ok, off to make breakfast and then pile everyone in the van. I can tell this is going to be a long week. Lots of cleaning and lots of catching up on child training. Fun, fun, fun!