Thursday, December 16, 2010

not much to say

I just wanted to pop in and say that I am glad that the brain fog has lifted :-)  Day 4 of no sugar/carbs.  I have to say the hardest part has been the crashing I was doing.  Jeremiah and I were very blessed by the girls this morning as they brought us breakfast in bed!  So even before I got up, I ate.  Ah, no crashing.  I just have to make sure to eat asap upon waking to make my days go smoother.  Jeremiah was working from home today as we had another slew of winter weather.  Thankfully all should be melted by tomorrow. 

Since it was a winter wonderland schools were closed, which means no speech therapy for Jed. I have to say I was relieved.  This break couldn't come soon enough.  I was very pleased that the girls got a head start on their chores this morning.  I am assuming they did so in order to get outside as quickly as possible :-)  Either way, that meant I didn't have to worry about it getting done before I started my cooking.  I was able to make two batches of waffles.  That doesn't sound like much, but waffles take forever to cook!  But I was able to do other things in between taking them off the griddle and pouring more batter in.  I made up four batches of pumpkin muffins and two batches of granola.  Later I was able to get two and a half batches of egg burritos made.  On top of all that I was able to get all the schooling done (except spelling), washed a few loads of laundry and managed to keep people fed. Phew!  A good work day!

Tomorrow will not be so productive as I have two appointments to go to.  Plus later in the evening I have a Bible study to go to.  But I am hoping to get a few things done.  Although our new freezer is now completely filled!  And there isn't a whole lot of room in our other freezers.  So there isn't a whole lot more I can make.  I want to make at least another batch of pizzas as they are a real hit for lunches after I have a baby.  The girls are really looking forward to them.  The funny thing is that it's my normal pizza recipe, just made into personal sized pizzas.  Silly girls :-)  Plus I want to make some more waffles.  And if I can find the room I may make some bread dough.  Although bread dough can be so finicky, I may just forgo it. 

I read a good article today, which someone else was linking to.  I thought I would pass it along.  I like her take on the 'preparedness' and 'survival' movement.  I've often reminded myself (when things don't seem to be going too well) that I am only doing what so many others before me have done.  They lived this way everyday, all day.  For us, we are doing it bit by bit as we learn as we go.  It is a shame that a lot of these 'survivalist' skills which were so normal just a few decades ago, have failed to be passed on.  So it feels like we are in a constant state of learning.  Once I start getting the hang of one thing, there's another to take it's spot for me to fumble over :-)  Hopefully this will just mean it will be more of second nature to our children. 

Alrighty, off to bed.  Long day ahead of me.  Tomorrow I get to see if the baby is head down.  I think it was for about thirty minutes today!  Ha.  Come on baby, I need more that that :-) 

Here is the link:  http://homesteadgardenandpantry.com/agrarian-life/self-reliance/survivalist-prepper-or-housewife/

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...