Thursday, August 05, 2010

WE GOT IT!!!!!

Today, today, today......as some of you know things seem to just not be going right around here.  It's a lot of little things, but those little things add up. It just seems that every time I turn around something is not right, or broken, or hurt, or failed, or......you get the idea.  So today I was getting ready to exercise, had just put on the video when the phone rang.  Caller ID said it was from Dynavox.  Oh boy, I thought, more bad news.  We had just submitted the correct paper work a few weeks ago for one of Dynavox's doctors to represent us in our appeal of BCBS's denial of our request to get an augmentative communication device.  I was very hesitant to pick up the phone.  And it certainly didn't seem to be going well when the gentleman started by saying how BCBS had denied our last claim, and how they put in the appeal.......and then, and THEN he said it, "But we just got a letter in today from BCBS saying that they are now going to APPROVE a device."  My response?  I cried!  Yeah, right there on the phone.  I'm sure the poor guy didn't know what to do about that.  We needed to make arrangements to handle our co-pay/max out of pocket stuff before they could send in the request for the device.  I had Jeremiah call to discuss those matters.  I figured we might still be looking at weeks before even thinking about seeing Jed's new device.  I was very pleasantly surprised when Jeremiah told me this evening that we are supposed to have it in 3 to 4 days!!!!!! 

This all seems almost surreal!  Finally, after almost seven months of paper work, waiting, more papers, more waiting, having to have our doctor sign things, more waiting, lather/rinse/repeat!  And now, just like that it should be here on our door step in a matter of a few days.  I am so excited for Jedidiah!  There will most certainly be a learning process to figure out how this will work in our lives.  His private speech therapist will probably be showing us the ropes and helping Jed learn how to appropriately use the device.  But our frustrating van rides may be a thing of the past soon enough!!!  I can't wait.  I really hope this will open up a 'new' world for Jed.  He really has been communicating so much better this last month.  But that is only when you compare how he was communicating a few months ago with himself.  If you were to compare him to even some two year olds....yeah, he has a lot of work to do.  But it has been great to see him making grounds, even without speech therapy these past seven weeks. 

Well I just had to share our very good news.  I was just bursting at the seems today to tell the whole world :-) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting Kerri!!!
Drop into Facebook and READ my notes.
Blessings,
Angie Warren

Tracy S said...

Woo-HOO!!!! 3-4 DAYS???? How exciting!!! You have to let me know how it goes with getting it all set up and figured out!!! About those DVD's....I think that is a great idea! I will let you know how they are....won't be here til after the 15th :( Told the kids that they had to watch them and LEARN! :) OK, off to blog about sugar!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...