Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Savvy Teas and Herbs

This is not "the" post I was alluding to in my previous post.  I think that post may take me a few days to put together.  This is still fresh, and I want to word things appropriately.  But until then I would LOVE to tell you about a friend of mine who has a wonderful online tea and herbal store.  I just met up with her to pick up my 'goods' this past week.  This store is new, at least to me.  I only had her probiotic cultures site.  I mentioned wanting to make my own Super Green Drink mix, which takes a lot (LOT) of herbs to make.  I wasn't sure if they were safe for pregnancy.  She did the work for me, as she is knowledgeable about herbal contraindications during pregnancy. She had all but I think one of the herbs, which she said she could get a hold of for me.  And on top of it all they are all organic!  Another feature I like is that you have the choice of three different amounts to buy, 4 oz, 8 oz and 1 pound.  When I was thinking of making my own green drink mix there was just no way to afford up front buying 1 pound of each herb!  So if you are looking for some great organic teas or herbs please do check her out:

Savvy Teas and Herbs

And if you are in the market for some probiotic cultures you can visit her ebay page here:

Nick's Natural Nook

She has milk and water kefir grains, kombucha and four different yogurt starters.  I've had great success with mine (when I get to doing it!!!) and she sends very detailed instructions with them so that you know how to care for them.  Right now I have my water kefir grains brewing, and we had our first batch of milk kefir this afternoon in our smoothies.  I have not gotten around to making my greek yogurt yet.  I really need to get that started!  We go through yogurt quickly around here and it is SO much more economical to make my own. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...