Wednesday, April 09, 2008

A "sad" day

No nothing serious (thankfully!). It all started like a normal day. There I was making some waffles and the girls were playing with their playdoh. To understand this a little better you have to know that we do not do cereal for breakfasts. We only have eggs, oatmeal, pancakes or waffles. And while I'm at it I like to make more waffles than needed to freeze for later. Due to the type of recipe, I make one batch up at a time. I had just made the second batch and poured some mix into the waffle maker. And then it happened........I flipped the waffle maker over (we have an old waffle maker that you flip so that it makes them nice and thick) and sparks flew out the back, making this loud popping noise! Our waffle maker bit the dust. So very sad! Waffles are one of the things I make up in large (large) quantities before I have a baby so that the kids can fix breakfast for themselves. Thankfully we got online and are in the process of finding a new replacement. In the meantime, pancakes will have to do.

In other news we saw our first hummingbird yesterday. We ran out after that and got the feeder as it needed to be cleaned. We are hoping to see the little guys today. And with spring comes a host of other critters..........not so cute. We had been outside earlier and I saw a large dog tick on my sock. YUCK! I got it off and called everyone in. We did the usual tick check. Sometimes however they "hide" and even though I may do another check later before bed someone may wake up with one attached to them. So it was late, I was folding laundry when Isabella, with very wide eyes and a trembling voice, comes up to me saying, "Mom!, Mom! There's a BIG, BIG....." she pauses and I assume she is about to tell me that there is a big tick on her. But no, she finally continues to tell me there is a BIG centipede in the bathroom. Oh, lovely. I HATE those things. They are sooooo creepy and yucky and gross and ........FAST. I learned my lesson the last few times, that they are almost impossible to get. So I vacuumed him up. Then to be sure we had a good night sleep I stuffed a paper towel in the vacuum hose.....you know, just in case he's not really dead. I will have to wait till Jerry comes home to take out the bag (he doesn't know this yet!). Ah the joys of the south. That is truly one thing I can live with out...............BUGS. I really think in my human mind that God could have come up with something better, more pleasant to take care of what ever it is that bugs take care of. I'll have to speak to Him about that someday :-)

Ok, off I go to make some eggs. We are off to a Bible study this morning. I haven't been to it the last two times, so I'm looking forward to going. The girls are as well, as they get to play with some friends. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post had me laughing out loud! We get centipedes ALL the time during the summer in this apt-not really sure why since I grew up in this town and never saw one in my life. I HATE them too bec they are super creepy and fast...I looked them up online and they can also bite you! Never thought to vacuum them -- GREAT IDEA! :) and I would have also stuffed it with papertowels and made my husband take the bag out!! You kill me!
--isabelle
p.s. sorry that your waffle maker died, good luck finding a new one!

Anonymous said...

This post had me laughing out loud! We get centipedes ALL the time during the summer in this apt-not really sure why since I grew up in this town and never saw one in my life. I HATE them too bec they are super creepy and fast...I looked them up online and they can also bite you! Never thought to vacuum them -- GREAT IDEA! :) and I would have also stuffed it with papertowels and made my husband take the bag out!! You kill me!
--isabelle
p.s. sorry that your waffle maker died, good luck finding a new one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...