Thursday, July 21, 2011

Good news on the broken knee

Having a broken patella, is not good news, but at least it's not as bad as it could be, so that is the good news.  I saw the orthopedic doctor today.  Got another x-ray taken.  And I could clearly see the break, from the side view.  Turns out that the bone is broken in two.  The very good news is that the bones stayed put, which will save me from having surgery!  Phew!  However, I am not out of the woods just yet, as it still has the potential to move.  When the pain goes away I will be able to actually walk, with the knee brace on, *without* crutches!  Crazy stuff I tell ya.  I will be in the brace for six weeks.  If at my 4 week check up there is sufficient healing, then I will start to ever so slowly bend the knee. 

I can't write much more since my laptop is not working, and I can't get comfortable in a chair, or standing.

Blessings to all!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...