Thursday, December 26, 2013

Preparing Physically for Baby

Although that would encompass exercise, I am talking about boosting my immune system and health.  Before I even begin let me premise this post by saying that what follows is what *I* am doing right now for my health.  In no way am I suggesting you do the same, or that what I do will insure health!  Talk to your health care provider about you and your baby's health.

During the last month of pregnancy I try to make sure to do what I can to boost my immune system, and to possibly kill off any of the 'bad guys' before the big day.  During my first pregnancy I tested positive for Beta-strep.  I was told with my second that once you are positive for Beta-strep you will always be positive.  Well, that is not the case as I tested the next 4 pregnancies, and I was negative each time.  But, needless to say, whether you test positive or not will not actually determine if you are actually positive on the big day.  Since I wanted to do what I could to ensure a safe delivery I have used natural remedies to do what I can to stay healthy.

This time around knowing I was up against an imbalance of probiotics in my gut, I have added a few more things than I would normally do.  This is the regimen that I am doing for the next four weeks.  Though for some of the 'top guns' I am doing them for 10 days, then taking off for 7 days, and then starting the 'top guns' again until delivery.  I put all of the remedies in time groups in a booklet as it was a bit overwhelming to remember all that I had to do.  As I have been doing this for a couple of days there are a couple of things I plan on changing up as I decided to spread a couple of things out a bit more, but for what it is worth this is my plan of action I am following:

 My booklet, my regimen.


These are just about all of the needed items that I am using, minus one or two things.  From left to right:  Sinus wash bottle, raw honey, garlic, EPO, Frontier Uterine Toner, cal/mag, (in the tin foil) Pulsatilla homeopathic remedy (not pictured is my homeopathic Arnica), Thieves Oil, (in quart jar) elderberry syrup, ACV, GSE, powdered vitamin C, colloidal silver, echinachea tincture, and oil of oregano.  Also not pictured is peroxide, and my homemade garlic infused coconut oil with GSE and oil of oregano.

Although it is best to treat some things internally, I am trying to treat internally as well as 'topically'.  The more my body has to fight off on site the weaker overall I feel.  So I am trying to currently treat a 'sinus infection' (though I believe it is more just the lack of probiotics, but I am playing it safe) internally and topically.  I am also topically treating for any possible Beta-strep.  For that I am using my homemade garlic infused oil.

My routine:
Early AM (8 or so)
uterine toner
cal/mag
ACV mix ( this includes: ACV with a pinch of baking soda, powdered vit. C, colloidal silver, echinachea drops, elderberry syrup and oil of oregano)
Pulsatilla
raw garlic in honey
thieves oil on bottom of feet
sinus wash (includes the salt packet and either peroxide, oil of oregano, or GSE)
make sure my female tea is made up and I put in chlorophyll drops
herbal yeast killer (do not have on hand at the moment, but will get some soon)

Late AM (11)
uterine toner
cal/mag
ACV mix

Early PM (2)
uterine toner
cal/mag
ACV mix
raw garlic
sinus wash

PM (5)
uterine toner
CLO

Late PM (9)
EPO
Arnica
ACV mix
cal/mag
raw garlic
sinus wash
thieves oil on feet
yeast killer
suppository of homemade garlic infused oil

Throughout the day I try to drink 1 cup of kombucha three times a day, 1 cup of kefir 2 to 3 times a day, and a serving of fermented veggies (or their juices) 3 times a day.  When the first 10 days are done I plan on using kefir or a pill form of probiotic as a suppository.

I am also staying gluten free, and sugar free (save the honey).  I definitely noticed a big difference in swelling if I eat any gluten.  My hands swell up for the next 2 to 3 days after eating gluten.

All of this takes work and time.  I can't say it is very fun :-(  Goodness knows raw garlic is horrid!  Though I chop it up and coat it with honey and swallow it all down in one gulp.  Much better than the past garlic, ACV, and honey mixture I have done.  Oh. My. Goodness.  I would have to take it over the sink because I truly thought that I risked losing the contents of my stomach each time!

I think that is all!  I have been exercising this past week....finally!  With being sick, taking care of sick people, or my cal/mag imbalance I had to take off waaaaayyyyy too long!  I have been doing T-Tapp aerobics, Leslie Sansone aerobics, or going for a walk outside.  I don't have much time to actually get in shape, but I am praying what I can do will be enough.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...