Sunday, May 26, 2013

Lunch Help to the Rescue!

I HAD to share this site with anyone who may be stuggling with lunch ideas for their kiddos.  Around here, breakfast is easy-peasy.  Dinner, although more work, and usually monotonous, is taken care of.  But....LUNCH?  What does one eat for lunch while on the GAPS diet.  I really wanted to get away from all the meat we were consuming.  Lunches were usually put off until the kiddos, one by one, would come to me saying they were "starving!".  Hmmm, something needed to change.

Don't get me wrong, I thought hard about lunch options.  But I am one of those people who would have never, ever, in a million years, invented the wheel.  Inventor I am NOT.  I was just having a conversation with my sister over the dread of meal planning and prepping that has been going on over here.  I haven't had any real menu planned for a few months now.  We just keep eating the same staples.  Over, and over, and over again.  Not fun. 

So imagine my utter delight in finding a site that has some 200 lunch meals posted.  I am assuming there are repeats, but with just the first 5 lunches I looked at, I am doing a happy dance (ok, mentally at least, physically....not so much).  This is the inspiration that I have been looking for.  The site is dedicated to paleo, but paleo and gaps are very similar.  Now, I need to somehow come up with the energy to put together said lunches.  I have a feeling, though, that if I showed my girls these ideas that I would be able to get each one to make a lunch one day of the week at least.  I think we need to not only reinstate family fun night here at our home, but we need to make a family food prep night.  This would be a great time to wash and chop the coming week's veggies, hard boiling eggs, or cooking up any needed meats.

I hope you can find some new inspiration for lunch time as well!

Primal Kitchen

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...