Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Knee Rehab

Yes, I know I said I would get pictures up, but alas, they need to wait.  I love having my laptop to hop on, that way all the kids don't pool around the computer :-)  The only draw back to the laptop is that our pictures are not on it.  Hmm.  Oh well.  I still need to work out a good time to get on the main computer so that it doesn't interfere with what everyone else needs to do.

In the meantime I thought I would quickly write a post about my knee rehab.  Knee rehab?  Um, yes.  You see, after I broke my knee, 18 months ago, I never finished my physical therapy.  There are multiple reasons why, that I will not get into. So, I've spent the past year with aches and pains in my left knee.  Going up stairs was the worst.  For the longest time I would just go up the stairs right leg first!  I tried to add in a few stairs at a time.  I tried walking as well.  I even got out my step bench to try to help.  Granted I didn't use the step bench as much as I should have, but it seemed that I was destined to have a 'bad knee'. 

This past January I decided to start up with T-Tapp.  I've had the DVD's (or at least some of them) for a while, and have done it on and off over the past few years.  It was hard work, especially on my knee the first time around.  But after a few days I realized that, after carrying up a van full of groceries, d my knee was not in pain, or fatigued!!! Then we all got sick, really sick, and that put the DVD's on the back burner.  To say that the past few months has been hard would be an understatement.  Most of the difficulty being in managing what seemed to be depression.  Not sure if it was the real thing, but after a few weeks turned into a few months of feeling horrid...I'm guessing that was it.  Anyways, the girls and I have started the T-Tapping back up last week.  I am so pleased that these past few months I have not had any knee pain, even though I had stopped with the T-Tapp.  My results stuck with me.  I don't have any aches on rainy days either, like I had for the past year. 

I'm pretty impressed to say the least.  Moira has her own success story as well.  After horse lessons  she would have severe calf muscle cramping for the rest of the evening if she made any type of pointing movement with her foot.  We started T-Tapping last week and she was very, very excited that after her horse lesson a few days ago, there was NO cramping! 

We are hoping to continue with our 14 day boot camp (we just finished day 6), and then add in other aerobic exercises and walking.  Our goal is to work our way up to being able to jog 3 miles.  We'll get there, I'm sure of it.  One step at a time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...