Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A new look

This was something I was thinking about doing for a while now, changing up my Blogger template.  I got the nudge when I received a comment about my pictures being all squished.  On my computer they look blurry.  To me, this was rather annoying :-)  So this morning I tried to change things up.  I'm not sure if Blogger is having issues, or they limited their editing possibilities.  Either way, things are not as I would want them to be, still.  Sooner or later (probably later :-)) it will get there.  Until then, please excuse the mess, that I call "my blog".  My goal is to get more of the look of my photography blog.

In other news....I've sat down with the girls a few days in a row now to talk about how things need to work around here.  Lets just say things have been a bit chaotic.  My plan is to totally go through each room, getting rid of all non-essential stuff.  For example in their bedroom there will only be their beds, and they will each get a book, journal and pen.  That's it.  This is going to take a lot of work, but it is necessary to save my sanity.  Basically the straw that broke the camels back was the fact that we got the house all cleaned.  Then for a few days I made sure each dish was done, and all the little things got picked up throughout the day.  Then I had a bad day, was too tired, and in the waking hours of that one day our house was trashed.  I'm not talking about a bit messy, I mean TRASHED.  As in, I would be totally embarrassed if someone came by unexpectedly.  Oy.  So we are going to try to cut down on all the things that need taken care of.  Then we will be reassigning room chores.  The girls have been having the same room chores for the past two years or so.  Time to change things up.

In Saoirse news....That same day of her adjustment she had a lot more dizziness and headache.  Yesterday (day2) she was complaining more about her head and dizziness than normal. Today, she said her headache was better, but she's still really dizzy.  I'm concerned a bit since her headache, which was once bouncing around to different spots, has been static in her forehead.  She goes back on Friday for us to see if she retained her adjustment.  We will go from there as to what to do next. 

Flannery woke up this morning with a sore throat and headache.  Really?  At this point I may give everyone daily doses of Motrin just so I can pretend no one is sick :-)  Never mind we still have our "bug" problem, and I have not been able to keep on top of everyone putting on the cream and changing sheets daily.  I am hoping to do what I can to keep them at bay, and then hit it hard when we come up for air.  Right now I feel we are drowning.  Too much work, and not enough time to get it done.  One major problem is laziness, my children's laziness.  Must. Be. Stopped.  Ha!  No, seriously, I've been really angry about all the issues going on around here.  Yes, I know anger isn't going to help.  I've been in prayer for direction.  I don't have answers yet.  I am proceeding with just clearing out things and am hoping an answer will be given soon.  I'm thinking some radical stuff needs to happen to change our ship around.  I may just keep my laptop out to check email, and the other computers be put up for now.  There are so many excuses we make for them being here, but they are a big hindrance in our family for right now.  We really, really need to focus on doing things as a family.  Learning skills, doing projects, NOT surfing, or playing games.  Please note, I'm just as much guilty as anyone else is in the house.  We have the computers locked, but I think it's a lot like food....if it's there we will eat it.  If it's not, we won't eat it.  So the computers need to go, they are only here due to our own addiction to them.  Don't get me wrong, I've learned a lot from reading blogs and what not, but for  a season I think the surfing needs to go.  I may only allow us to blog on the weekend and block all other sites.  In the meantime we purge.  Although all that purging will go in our attic! Right now I do not have time to go through it all to see if we really need to keep it.  I think if it's up there and we forget about it, then we can get rid of it.  If we keep saying, "gosh, I wish we had that item down here...", then we can think about bringing it down after a few months. 

Alrighty, everyone is done eating breakfast, so off to do school, and purge :-)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

This blog doesn't look like a mess to me. :)

Also, I think it's pretty normal for one bad day to leave the house like that (for me and other moms)... it's so hard to accept the amount of work required to keep it up, but I'm just glad I have the children to make the mess (and bigger ones to help clean it and learn diligence & neatness, haha!). Hope your purging has gone well!

The Southern Peach-Girls said...

Sarah,
Yes, thank you for reminding me that I am indeed thankful to have children...who make messes. It's what I had always dreamed about growing up, having a large family. I am ever so greatful that the Lord granted my desire. I know one day I will miss all the work...but then again, with this many children, I may end up with a ton of grandchildren who may hang out at my place...and by golly make messes :-) ha, ha! I suppose I better just get used to it.

Blessings,
Kerri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...