Thursday, August 23, 2012

Stash Bash

It's been a long while since I've crafted.  Too long.  It felt good to whip out the needle and make a little something up.  There is a baby shower this weekend for someone at church.  I thought that I should use what I had on hand to make the new baby a little something.  Funny thing...this is the first time I made something for someone outside my family.  After making up the gift I thought I should jump back into finishing off Jed's blanket that I was in the process of making some months ago.  I think if I start now I should finish in time for the cold weather.  Assuming we get cold weather this year.

I came across this very easy and very quick pattern.  I am so thankful I did as it was the one I used to make Jedidiah's sweater, which he never wore, that got passed down to Jonah and Aubrey.  I love that sweater, but didn't save the pattern.  I came across it on Ravelry.  It's called: Baby It's Cold Outside Sweater.  It is crocheted in one piece.  I love crochet for it's simplicity and the fact that you can get results in decent time.  I would like to venture more into knitting soon, but we'll see.  Knitting seems to be more of a foreign language to me.

For the booties I came across this great site called, Crochet Dreamz.  Really neat designs!  I bought the X-Strap shoe pattern and whipped them up last night and finished putting on the buttons and flower this morning.  I really love how they turned out.  Not perfect, but perfectly cute :-)

Just two pictures to share:



I only edited the photos since I couldn't get them to rotate!  Ha, ha! 

I'm sharing this on Crunchy Catholic Momma's blog, and Small Things blog.

5 comments:

Jeremiah said...

Omigosh, you should sell these for extra cash! You did such a great job!

Covnitkepr1 said...

They look really good to me as well.
Just checking back for any new posts you may have written.
I’ve been a follower on your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation.

Crunchy Momma said...

Soooooo adorable. I love the colors and the design. Cute buttons too!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Sarah Faith said...

Thank you for mentioning that site. I love the boy moccasins on there! It is so hard finding cute boy stuff and I'm finally having a second boy so I was thrilled to find it. :)

(please consider taking off the character match thing from your blog, it is SO prohibitive in trying to leave a comment. I can almost never read them correctly and I often dont' have the patience to sit there and do it over.)

The Southern Peach-Girls said...

Thank you everyone for commenting! Sarah, I turned off that character match :-) And I am so happy to have found some cute boy things as well! Goodness it's hard to find some good boy clothing. Our youngest (19 mo) keeps trying to put on the baby booties! Ha,ha! I have to see about making a larger pair.

Kerri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...