Sunday, August 05, 2012

Some resources

I've come across some resources recently in blog land that I wanted to share.  I just about finished cleaning up my bedroom.  It had gotten so out of sorts as I've just been throwing stuff back there.  So yesterday I decided that not another day was going to go by with my room a disaster.  I'm glad I took a before picture.  Ok, maybe not.  Before pictures are never pretty :-)  Anyways I do plan on taking an after picture soon.  It's dark out and the baby is sleeping (he sleeps in our room), so I will have to wait for another day.  I plan on sharing how I am going about stocking up supplies.  For now I thought I would share some sites that can explain better why and what to stock up on.

I've really been blessed by a new to me blog, "The Welcoming House".  A wonderful woman sharing her thoughts and expertise in food storage and preserving.  I love how she lays out the truth in a non alarmist way.  I think way too often people have the wrong idea of the purpose of food storage.  Or perhaps they have watched one too many episodes of 'Doomesday Preppers'.  I've had one too many conversations with people who think storing food is going overboard.  So please take a look at the Welcoming House and pass her link on to others who need to hear what she has to say.

I've already pass along the link for Dehydrate2Store.com in the past.  If you haven't seen the site before it is the ultimate site for dehydrating food.  I came across a new site (to me) on dehydrating, and I liked her approach on presenting dehydrating in 6 easy steps.  Sometimes we just need the information in an easy to follow list.  You can visit this new site here at, Easy-Food-Dehydrating.

The next resouce is a book.  I'm not even done with the book, but I think it should be required reading in all high schools.  Seriously.  Some of you may have heard of Joel Salatin.  His latest book, "Folks This Ain't Normal", is a game plan of sorts to see us through what will certainly be a new normal....lack of cheap energy.  It would take way too long to go into all he has to say.  Some of the things he advocates though fits into food storage and self sufficiency.  I was able to get a copy from the local library, so no excuse for not reading it :-)  You can find out more about the book HERE.

Those are some of my new finds.  Do check them out, and stay tuned for my video on food storage and a video on homeopathy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...