Monday, April 05, 2010

Lightening and Buck

Those would be the names of the new baby goats. Lily had her baby last Monday, and Honey had her baby this morning. Moira went out to feed the goats and noticed that Honey was acting odd. She called me out and sure enough she was in labor. How did I know? Because she refused to eat! Ha, ha! If you know goats, then you know that this is totally not normal :-)

Here are a couple of pictures:



Lightening, with his mommy, Lily.


Oops, this one is blurry. I couldn't tell on the thumbnail, and by golly these pictures took forever to load, so I won't be reloading any.


Here is Buck with his mommy, Honey. He is only a few hours old in the picture. Actually, he's still only a few hours old as I type this :-) He's a fiesty one! He was up and going right away, and has learned the whole nursing thing lickety split.







Getting some loving from Isabella. Isabella got to help with the birth. All the other girls got to watch as well. I think I shall mark this down as science class for the day :-)

Off to clean up a very, very...did I say very? messy house! More later.

3 comments:

Bethany W. said...

Kerri,
I have been reading about goats, and I have a few quick questions... do you keep a bull? Or, did you take your ladies to a bull? If you do have a bot goat, do you find him to be very, very gross?

And, about milking. Will you let the new babes nurse? Or bottle feed them?

Bethany

Sarah said...

Kerri, do you get milk or meat from your goats, or are they "just pets"? More and more of my neighbors are getting them, and Jimmy has thought about it a little too... maybe for another year. That is so cool that you got to help with the birth and take care of those babies!

Sarah said...

Kerri, do you get milk or meat from your goats, or are they "just pets"? That is so cool that you got to help with the birth and take care of those babies!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...