Tuesday, April 06, 2010

a great site to share

I think I may have passed this site on before, but if I did it's been a while. I don't remember how I came across it to begin with, but it was in a link I saw tonight and I went to check it out. I had this in my favorites but I hadn't visited in some time. They have a lot of great tips and ideas. Some of you may have already heard of this family if you are into gardening or self sufficiency. This family resides in southern California, and live on 1/5 of an acre. They use 1/10 of an acre to grow about 6,000 pounds of produce a year! I'm thinking that they are doing something right and that I need to be taking notes!!!! Anyways, do enjoy their site, and check out their videos on youtube, inspirational and informative.

http://urbanhomestead.org/journal/

1 comment:

Sarah said...

They are inspiring... even with our larger property, we aren't growing nearly that much. (I'm definitely wishing to get some more out of it this year.) I have thought about moving to a smaller property and just approaching it the same way they do, but I doubt it would work the same, because they are in Southern CA! :)

(I found your blog again after realizing I wasn't subscribed... glad to see how you are!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...