Friday, March 05, 2010


I am still playing around with storyboards. This one came from an online program that you can enter in how many pictures you want in each row/column. I have yet to make my own template. One day I hope I can get it right!
Tomorrow is soccer for the girls. We have a couple of errands to run and then a mad dash to clean up as we are having some new friends come over for a bonfire. Everyone can't wait.
No other news to report. Just some basics getting done here. We had a productive week in the education department. We are continuing in our e-course from GNOWFGLINS. I've been enjoying it. I ordered something very interesting that arrived in the mail today. It will be a post of its own.....for women only though. Trust me guys, you won't want to read it! Ha, ha! I also ordered some new tea to try out. I think its called roiboos. Something close to that. I mixed it with another tea that was made up with a lot of cinnamon. Hmmm, not what I was expecting, but not bad. I'm not into tea, but these teas have a lot of good *stuff* in them. I suppose it would make it taste better if I put honey in it, but I don't want to add any more sugar than I need to into my diet.
Other than that I am still working my way through trying to read and learn about new things. I'm still learning about my camera. Still trying to learn how to use GIMP. Needing to dig in and read up on goats giving birth....as that is going to be happening in a few short weeks!!! Needing to read more on the Charlotte Mason approach to education. Plus reading over a couple of parenting books. Phew! I've got a long list of things I am trying to learn! Now why didn't they teach these *important* things in school. I would be so ahead of the game by now. Oh well, it gives my brain a workout :-)
But alas, the most important.....my heart is having a workout. Maybe I should say my spirit. I was so inspired when I read a friend of mine's post. You should all CHECK IT OUT, its not too long. It spoke directly to my heart and what I have been thinking on long and hard these last couple of years. I think it is time for some serious wrestling. Not sure why that was the word that popped into my head, 'wrestling'. I think I also feel a lot like this women HERE. I visit her blog often. I started to go there for the photography, but then read with interest about her son. Now, this woman and her husband are in Africa on a short trip and she is blogging about it while there. This is where the wrestling comes in. I know, I mean I *KNOW* somehow, that God wants to DO something in my heart, and with my hands and with my whole being...with who I am. Not for my self, or my purposes, but for HIS. Which is why it is so important that I really truly *GET* what my friend Bethany is talking about. I need to have the Spirit moving in me, guiding me. With a lot of prayer and I am hoping some inspiration with THIS and THIS book maybe I'll get to where He wants me to be. I am currently waiting to see if those books can be gotten through inter library loan. Its usually a good sign to not get an email from the library people right away as that usually means they have located the book and they are waiting to make arrangements to get it to my library. We shall see. Not like I don't have 50 other books waiting to be read in the meantime :-)
My pillow is now calling my name. Goodnight all!

1 comment:

Bethany W. said...

Glad your comments are working now. Thanks for the link to my post. I have really been wrestling through these things too! I thought if I shared my experience, that it might open some other people up to thinking about it.
I recommend any books or articles by Sam Storms... he is Reformed in doctrine, yet charismatic. You can see his website at http://www.enjoyinggodministries.com/

Bethany

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...