Sunday, September 07, 2008

Our Sunday Afternoon

It was a rough start to our day today. Jonah decided to wake up EVERY one and a half hours all last night! He's been sleeping a 6 to 7 hour stretch, then goes back to bed until 5 or 5:30, then gets up for the day at 7 or 7:30. Not last night! I am really hoping that tonight he will be back to his normal schedule. We had a wonderful Sunday morning with our brothers and sisters in Christ. We couldn't stay too long afterwards for fellowship as Jeremiah had to meet someone this afternoon. He had to take our ferret to meet its new owner :-( With three people being allergic to him it was a bit too much. He was the absolutely most sweetest ferret I ever met. He never bit! He was so much fun to watch romp around. The girls were sad to see him go. He is going to a great home. He instantly fell in love with his new owner (maybe it was the ferret smell, as she already has two ferrets). He should be happy to have some new playmates.

Our afternoon consisted of some outside time. Jedidiah got to watch our neighbor "scrape" our road with his small tractor. A big hit for the little man. Jedidiah hit 21 pounds!! We are very happy, and very excited to see this great gain in weight. Please pray that it keeps up! We were supposed to have baked potatoes for dinner. Let's just say that there is a reason we generally do not buy produce at Walmart. We just bought the potatoes and they were bad already. Ugh! So I threw together a very easy peasy dinner. We had baked beans, corn bread and left over salad. Then the girls went off to bible study with Jeremiah. As they were getting into the van we heard the dogs freaking out. At first I thought another animal had gotten in the back fencing with them. Isabella was about to go check it out, I yelled for her not to as I didn't want her to get in between our dogs and another animal. She was about to turn back to the van when she went wide eyed and started pointing to the sky say, "Oh, my goodness!!! Look!! Look!!" I was almost afraid to look, ha,ha. Woah! What a sight, a big red hot air balloon that was just above the trees!!! Because of the heavy foliage I couldn't see the person in the basket, but they were close enough to have seen them!! They started pumping more hot air into the balloon and rose up higher. I was able to get a picture of it when it came to the back of the house. Although the picture really doesn't show how close it was to us. By the time I had taken the picture they rose considerably higher than when we first saw them. It was a real treat to see. Everyone thought is was really neat. So enjoy the pictures of our afternoon.

1 comment:

MamaJ said...

Hi! Very cool hot air balloon shots! I just stumbled into your blog from "Life in a Shoe." It's funny you mentioned the WalMart potatoes... We just bought some a week ago and they went really bad within like, 4 days!? I was disgusted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...