Friday, August 19, 2011

Toofers, b-days and more

I'm terribly behind in writing down some of the things that go on around here.  I felt bad that we weren't able to get a birthday sign done for Isabella.  It's been a tradition here for the past 6 years.  She didn't seem to notice to much since she's been totally absorbed in her pool party details.  For her birthday she chose to have a large pool party.  It should prove to be fun.  I am praying for good weather and sanity.  After the pool we have to get everyone over to the park for some food and cake.  I really don't relish the idea of trying to get a bunch of kids out of a pool, clothed and moved to another spot.  Especially since I'm still gimpy :-)  Seeing as how most of the kids she invited were her age, we shouldn't have too much of a problem.  I am hoping that we remember to take pictures, but trying to keep an eye on so many kiddos may mean otherwise.

Baby Aubrey finally got his first tooth!!  He has not been sleeping well for the last week or so and we finally know why.  I am just so thankful for being able to get some nap time in since my  mom is here.  Aubrey was waking at 2 or 4 AM and staying up for two hours.  Then come the early morning hours and he just wanted to nurse and nurse and nurse and....Since it isn't easy, nor comfortable to lay on my side, due to my leg, I can't sleep while I'm nursing him like I would normally do.  We just went online to order an amber teething necklace.  It took the baby forever to fall asleep tonight, and it was clear that he was in pain.  We only had a wee bit of baby Tylenol to give him.  I figured this way we don't have to worry about running out of pain meds, as the teething necklace is supposed to release a natural oil that helps with pain.  Hey, I'm gain for new ideas :-)

I start physical therapy next week.  I've been told I need to get off the crutches.  So I try to walk around with one crutch only using it when my leg feels like it's going to give out.  I can already tell that it's getting stronger compared to three days ago.  This 'stronger' is only relative of course as my leg is in pretty sad shape.  I'm allowed to take off the brace for bed time and if I'm just hanging out on the couch.  What a wonderful break from the brace!  I've started to try to make small movements.  I can only bend my knee like a few inches.  Wow, it's amazing how quickly your joints can lock up! 

I've been preparing for the new school year.  I have a ways to go before we will be all ready, but I may start them this coming Monday.  It's hard to say.  We still have our summer reading that we haven't finished ( a few more chapters left).  And I plan on putting Isabella, Flannery and Moira on the GAPS intro diet on Monday.  It might seem odd that Jed isn't included, but this is for many reasons.  Isabella is going on it to see if we can't make a big change in her hernia situation.  With four months till the end of the year, we need to make some big changes to see if we can avoid surgery.  For Flannery, she NEEDS to be on this as there is a big, BIG correlation with her diet and her 'splinters'.  She's been on a much restricted diet for the past week and only once did she complain of some pain, and that lasted only a few minutes.  But, she had birthday cake for Isa's birthday....Oh...MY...GOODNESS!!  Yeah, she claims that she isn't better at all, that she has been in pain all week long and just hasn't told us.  If you knew, and saw Flannery during these episodes you KNOW that isn't true.  This child can not hold back from freaking out over every little thing.  I'd give some examples to show how totally out of control this is, but I dont' have the time to do so right now.  Trust me, this is crazy!  Moira is joining them only because she has been begging me to start the GAPS diet and when she heard that those two were going on it she asked to go on it too.  Since my mom will have to help with the cooking, I didn't want to add anyone else on the list.  Once I am better (up and doing all the cooking, etc.)  I will put everyone on the diet.  So with a new diet and starting the new school year on the same day...hmm, yeah crazy, school should wait till the following week.

All right, it's getting late and I need to get some sleep before the baby wakes to spend the rest of the night restless.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...