Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Jed's GI appointment

It has been a whole year since we last visited the GI office.  I am pleased to say that it went better than I had hoped.  I was dreading this visit.  A lot.  I was even thinking of cancelling it. My main concern was that they would suggest that we put Jed's tube back in.  I *know* the progress that Jed has made this past year.  He's made great strides in many problem areas.  This is great and wonderful.  I was hoping that GI was going to see these gains.  Thankfully they did.  Unfortunately the great golden goblet named "weight and height gain", was not found at this appointment.  As I surmised, Jed, although he has grown and gained weight, has fallen more from the main curve.  I was so nervous, waiting for his doctor to tell me his thoughts on the matter. I was relieved to be told that they want him to be 'normal', and that there is no talk of reinserting the tube.  They brought the nutritionist in for a consultation, and asked if we could have Jed's blood drawn.  Jed was such a trooper.  I told him ahead of time what to expect.  I told him that he couldn't move his arm.  That boy was very brave.  He sat stock still!  He whimpered a bit and said it hurt, but he just sat there watching vial after vial drawn.  He was proud to show off his Bugs Bunny bandaid :-)  To cement the matter that GI is not concerned about Jed, we don't have to be back until next summer!  Phew!  I am so glad it is over and it went better than expected.

It seemed that only my mom and I were worn out by the long day :-)  Everyone else had way too much energy!  I tried to catch a cat nap on the couch while the baby napped.  Ha, funny!  Oh well.  It is later than I was hoping to get into bed.  I keep saying how I'm going to go to bed early each night, but somehow it never happens.  Maybe tomorrow....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...