Sunday, August 07, 2011

Ugh

Well, I was going to upload some pictures I took yesterday.  But I had a sick feeling in my tummy when my Mom picked up my camera's card reader off the floor.  Turns out that one of the boys, probably Jonah, got a hold of it and bent the tines, making it unusable.  That is the second one we bought in the past few months.  My camera's ability to download them directly is broken, and would cost a pretty penny to fix.  These card readers are relatively cheap, but they won't be if we have to buy a new one every month or two! 

Now Isabella just came up to the back window to ask for honey.  Honey?  Yes, apparently now we have a chicken with it's insides coming out.  Hey, I don't make this stuff up.  The remedy is to coat it with honey for it to reduce swelling.  Jeremiah and the older three girls are out there taking the bandages off the chickens' feet, from the bumblefoot that they, *hopefully*, HAD.  Past tense, past tense.  Is it only me that sees that something new and dreadful has been happening to us, every week, if not daily, since the beginning of this year?  I mean, really now.  Every time I think we've got a "bandaid" on one situation, another situation pops right up to take its place!  Deep breath in, deep breath out....repeat :-) 

I'm trying not to go crazy.  Not being able to get up and help is a real bummer.  The good news is that I was able to make it to church today.  It's now evening and it's apparent that the outing aggravated my knee.  Nothing that a couple of Advil won't 'fix'.  I'm just wondering how this is going to work for Jed's appointment this Wednesday.  I decided not to cancel his appointment.  It may be beneficial that my Mom is with us to give an eye witness account of how much Jed does indeed eat.  I have a feeling that the GI doc is not going to be really happy with Jed's progress.  I could be wrong, I hope I'm wrong.  GI wanted me to add powdered milk to most of Jed's foods to increase the caloric value of what he was eating.  The problem is....powdered milk is exceedingly bad for you.  I really can't see how pumping bad stuff into him on a daily basis is going to help him in the long run.  It was good to hear that my brother was very small for his age, but that he caught up in his teen years.  He's now 6 foot (at least).  My brother had a bunch of neurological issues as well.  I do know that Jed looked just like my brother.  I am hoping that GI will see that we have Jed's best interest at heart and that the things we do for him have been researched by us.  Please pray that his appointment goes well.  The last time they saw him was last August.  I feel a lot has changed in the past year, I pray that they will see the changes as well.

So, no pictures for a while.  Not until we get a new card reader. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...