Thursday, August 06, 2009

Kefir smoothies

First I want to just say a very big thank you to all the wonderful comments I received on my 'challenge post'. I am very glad that I am not alone :-) I am very excited to see how the Lord works all of this out.....an adventure in the making! I will continue to share my thoughts and the results that come out of all of this. I am sure right now they will stay thoughts, like Bethany mentioned, I don't want to swing to the opposite side of the pendulum :-)



I have been making kefir smoothies now for the past few weeks. There are two that we rely on. I am looking forward to trying to come up with new concoctions. Here is our new favorite:



Orange creamsicle

2 cups kefir
2 cups milk
2 frozen bananas
1/2 can of frozen orange juice concentrate
1 dropper of liquid stevia (maybe 20 drops worth?)
1 TBS vanilla extract

Put all into a blender and enjoy. This came out with a wonderful frothy texture. Yum!


Our next standby:

Chocolate smoothie

2 cups kefir
3 spoonfuls of unsweetened cocoa powder
3 spoonfuls of peanut butter
1 dropper of liquid stevia
1 TBS vanilla extract

The next two ingredients I just put in until I think is the right amount I am looking for (I like this to be thick like a milkshake).

maybe 3-4 cups of milk
maybe 4 or more frozen bananas

Mix this all in the blender. Be nice and share :-)



In other news I got another wonderful comment this morning (most of this post was written last night and I am finishing this morning), and it happens to be someone who "randomly" found me from another blog, who happens to be a missionary in Uganda and knows of Katie the missionary's blog I spoke of in my last post. Coincidence? I think not. Boy, you really have to be careful what you pray for :-) I am hoping to get to know this family and see what life looks like in Africa.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Tracy S said...

Hey, check this out....you will be shocked that you are SOOOO not alone on this Africa thing!!!!
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/AllThingsArePossible/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...