Monday, August 24, 2009

growing up

Saoirse just keeps on growing up. Today she lost her first tooth. Earlier in the day she was a bit worried as she was wriggling it around and she asked me if it was going to hurt for her tooth to come out. I told her that I hope it wouldn't but we wouldn't know until it came out. So imagine my surprise at lunch when she was holding something up in the air, talking in a very excited voice about something (I couldn't understand her), and then I saw blood coming from her mouth. Phew! It happened painlessly! I was very happy for her. Goodness knows we've had our share of drama over lost teeth and it is so nice to have one go out quietly :-)

Jedidiah is really getting into pretend play. He has been a bit obsessed with dressing up as a cowboy. I took a bunch of pictures with him in his gear, but they are on our back computer. I'll have to post them later. Jed had speech therapy today and he did very well!!! Yeah! It is so neat to see him making strides. He did very well making the sounds that we have been working on. His therapist said we can start adding a few other consonants now to work on. Jed also said two new words yesterday. One was 'table' and I forgot the other. I have to say it is so refreshing to see the cognitive growth that he has been having.

We have a pretty open week this week. We are planning on having a family over for dinner on Wednesday. And we may have plans for Friday as well. Right now we have had a lot of stuff on our plate. Emotionally it has been taxing. So a lot has gone undone over here. But for the last day or so I've been trying to get back on track. I took all the kids out for a walk this morning. And I am hoping to make that a part of our routine. We are in serious need of some direction over here. I am taking things slow, and am hoping that I can take it step by step to get some order back. Sometimes it seems so easy in my mind, but making it happen is another story! Right now I am trying to just keep the basics with homeschooling, making decent meals (although I really want to get back to eating more veggie than we have been), and keeping the dishes and laundry done. That's it. My standard bar is not very high right now. Ha!

Well off to sleep. My pillow is calling my name :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...