Monday, August 10, 2009

How our GI appt. went

Well Jed had his six month check up with GI. We were there for two hours, but the time we spent with the doctor was four minutes. And no, I am not exaggerating! He looked at his tube, showed me how Jed is following his growth curve, said that the nutritionist was still fine with our homemade formula and then asked if I had any questions. I told him about Jed's apraxia (as it is a brain thing and that maybe it had something to do with his feeding issues) and he told me that it had nothing to do with his feeding issues. Ahhh, OK then.....Then he told me that since Jedidiah is so stable that we can wait to come back in a year! yahoo!

In non Jed news Saoirse has her first loose tooth! Whoa! Wait, that can't be! But apparently it is true :-( She is growing up just too fast. The poor thing was really freaked out over it. She came up to me whimpering that her tooth was loose. I felt it and verified that it was and then she broke down crying that she didn't want to have a loose tooth. Weeeelllllll, sorry honey but there's no getting out of it! She was not pleased. Thankfully today she seems better about it. I am really hoping that her experience will be better than Flannery's first few loose teeth. Oh my oh my, you'd have to go back and read about those drama filled days of Flannery loosing a tooth.

I would put up pictures, except that I can't find my camera right now. I asked the girls about it and they said they didn't know where it was either, but that they did know the batteries were dead. Hmmmmm that's a bit suspicious! Well sooner or later it will turn up. We have a busy week here, I hope to update you all on Jed's kinesiology appointment goes. I really enjoy going to visit with the kinesiologist. She is so encouraging and so knowledgeable.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!
Flor (floreshayes@gmail.com)
hkpanda.freetzi.com

Nancy M. said...

I hate waiting forever on doctors! I say that because we had 2 doctors appointments today and had to go to the hospital to have blood drawn and it took forever and a day! Never mind me, just a little stressed, lol!

It's great that he won't have to go back for a while! Kids can be funny with their first loose teeth. Hopefully it won't be too bad on her!

Kathy said...

I am so proud of you for making formula. SO so proud. What an inspiration!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...