Sunday, November 30, 2008

I don't have any great ideas for a title!

Hello all! I pray that all your Thanksgivings were good ones :-) We had a quiet time here with Jeremiah's parents. A traditional turkey (which, by the way was not the traditional foods of the pilgrims.....we'll get to that later), real mashed potatoes, yummy cranberry sauce, a fruit crisp and a no-bake pumpkin pie, plus a few other things. Our tummies were stuffed :-) This week was also the start of our Jesse tree, and the lighting of the advent candles. I feel bad we didn't have a thankful tree this year. Oh, well. We had a productive weekend as well. We got our Christmas tree up. Isabella and Moira single handily brought the tree down and put it together! Not to mention that although I made up the cut-out cookie dough, Isabella cut and baked ALL the cookies! We are talking at least 12 to 14 dozen cookies, at least! I made up four pans of brownies, and two large batches of hot chocolate mix. We have a busy week and month ahead of us. Tomorrow I have a ton of stuff to make and do. I have a call with the homeopathic doctor this week, a well child visit for Jonah this week as well, plus we are having prayer meeting at our house on Wed. and we are hosting a young single man and a family of 5 here at our house for the conference this weekend. Whew! I need a nap just thinking about it all :-)

I also had a wonderful revelation this week as well in regards to parenting. I think it would be a bit much to type it all out. But it took a huge weight off of me. I was praying for a family who is in financial straights when the Lord spoke to me. He basically showed me that I could totally rely on Him to meet our needs when Jeremiah has been without a job, yet I don't trust Him in the outcome of our children. Hmmmmm....Yup, He got me! I think its because with a job there there isn't anything (besides praying) that I can do, yet with parenting there are quite a few things that the Bible itself says I am to do. And so the weight of parenting has been on my shoulders. Not where it is supposed to be. I wish I was an eloquent writer and I could make better sense with all of this. It was a profound revelation for me. My sister also had a profound revelation, which has to do with education, or the lack thereof. Time does not allow me right now to get into it. The basic idea is that our education was lacking in real facts. Like the turkey, pilrgrims and indians. The real thanksgiving did not happen for the reasons we learned in school. Someday I will have to get back to this idea of "education", but our computer is about to lock me out of the internet.

I have come across a very, very interesting article (interview really) on vaccinations. Very interesting. With the web it is so hard to know what is real and what is not, so I try to be careful. However, this is just too interesting not to pass on. The interviewer has some other articles he wrote that were intriguing. Look at the one on HIV. Things that make you go, hmmmm.

I must be off, the computer is about to lock up. We have it set on a timer so if this post is a bit confusing it is because I am in a rush to beat the clock. And with all the stuff I have to do for the week, I won't be able to post again till next weekend.

Check out the article

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...