Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Big Day

*****HAPPY BIRTHDAY FLANNERY *****


Today is the Big Day! Flannery is six! Wow, I can hardly believe it! I will have to post pictures later with her and her birthday sign. I am using our other computer as the regular one is "broken" at the moment, compliments of Jedidiah. It is supposed to be a nice day out, about 60 degrees. So I am thinking of packing a picnic lunch and heading to the park later. We'll see, as we need to get schooling done and cleaning. Then we will have a wonderful dinner planned by Flannery: sausage, french fries and cranberry sauce. Mmmmm, I know you are all jealous! When I first asked her what she wanted for her birthday dinner she immediately said she wanted the "red stuff" we had at Christmas. Took me a while to figure out what she was talking about. I told her we needed to eat more than that :-)

So a little bit about Flannery....she is our most active child. Jerry describes her as the child with no off button. And it is true, she is the energizer bunny incarnate! She will be our logical one I believe. From the earliest time she would line things up in some order, maybe by color, shape or size. She has been figuring out this reading thing almost on her own. And she somehow, I truly do NOT know how, has learned to skip count. The thing is she uses the multiplication table to do it. That wouldn't be too surprising, but she will count odd numbers up to 100 using it. I don't know what numbers she is looking at as she does this as it makes no sense to me! She is lovie, dovie! Always giving hugs and kisses.

Well we are off to start our day. Flannery enjoyed her day yesterday as I would tell her, "This is the last time you eat breakfast as a five year old....this is the last time.....as a five year old." She thought that was too funny.


Flannery's first sighting of her birthday gift. She was a little excited!

Everyone enjoying the new kitchen set. Flannery checking out the window.

The dining room set up to celebrate. We stayed up late to get it done, as we would be leaving early for church the next morning. Flannery picked out the colors.

And the six year old! Ok, actually in this picture she was still five, but hey whose counting.

This morning, Flannery and her birthday sign. She asked for a farm scene, this is what I could muster at 6 a.m. this morning. I was going to do it last night, but I was too tired. Moira helped me with the coloring.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...