Monday, July 31, 2006

Our first challenge

Well I was looking at the templates for a purple background, but they don't have one. I'll stick with the blue for now. We got our first challenge for the BL3 contest (Biggest Loser). We have to have a plan. So here is my plan:
Water: drink 64 oz a day (and that isn't going to be easy! For me that is!)
Exercise: 30 minutes of aerobic exercise (walking or a video), plus toning exercises daily (The 8 min. workout, Joyce Verdal or T-Tap). We have to exercise 5 days a week or we lose points.
Food: One veggie juice or veggie/fruit smoothy. One large salad a day. One cooked meal and one partially cooked meal. No refined sugar, except for the two birthdays and our once a month church fellowship meal.

Our goal had to be specific so that we could report that we did or did not accomplish it that week. Some women are doing Weight Watchers, or the South Beach Diet or other programs. Mine is isn't a program. I am trying to go towards eating more raw foods. When I was I had a TON of energy and lost weight easily. So I am going to use that as my strategy :-)

2 comments:

Angie said...

I'd like to join you Kerri, but I'm not supposed to exercise until my 6 week checkup...which I need to call and make soon.
I'd like to lose 40 pounds total.or 35 haven't decided yet.dh doesn't want me rail thin just toned.

The Southern Peach-Girls said...

Angie,
You can join me when you get the green light :-) It will be fun!! This week will be 5 weeks, so at the end of next week will be 6, so you'll just have to "sit out" a week. Then I say, jump on in the water is fine :-)I just started getting up early and going for a walk. A normal walk, not a power walk or anything, but it's a start. We have to start somewhere! Plus you and I can be accountability in our quest for a raw food diet :-) Share recipes. Fun stuff. And, hey I STILL have to call you. I am soooo bad about that. I haven't forgoten, just been busy. Company, shopping, cleaning.

Kerri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...