Tuesday, June 20, 2006

We have housage Huston!

Finallly, it is here! The house that is! They had it sitting on our lot over the weekend and then set it on the foundation yesterday and today. We went over there this evening to check it out. The back door is only a few feet off the ground so we hoisted the girls up and took a look around. The funny thing is that it feels smaller than it looks on the inside. The outside looks monstrous, but inside it doesn't. Don't get me wrong, it;s still a whole lot of room inside, it just doesn't feel like it as there is not a lot of open space, except for the dining/ family room area. The girls were sooooo excited to see their rooms. The front of the house looks out to a bueatiful scene. Unfortunately the pictures do it no justice. So our room, the living room, and the girls' rooms face the front. So we will all have a lovely view to wake up to each day. There is a cabinet in the laundry room that we had no idea would be there, but I love it. It will be soooo nice to have somewhere to put my cleaning things and they will be out of the way. Right now my mop is in the front hall (in our current house, out in the open) and the mop bucket resides in the bathroom, again out in the open. This house was not built with practical living needs in mind.

Things seem to be getting ready for the baby to come. I can tell my hormones are having a hay day! UGH! The baby has dropped as well, although it will be interesting to see if it stays down. But I actually "shrunk". They measure your tummy each visit to see how the baby is growing and as it was I was measuring 4 weeks behind. This week I am measuring a whole centimeter behind what I was last week, putting me 6 weeks behind! Yikes! We feel it is due to the baby dropping and it's position. I am really praying for a small baby, hoping that a small baby will have a small head, making labor a bit more tolerable. I got all my birth supplies now. The girls have been banned from our room as we blew up the birth pool to let it air out and loose that plastic smell. But the girls think it is a bounce toy! I have to say it does look like a lot of fun, but I really don't want to have to make a repair before I even get to use it. Not to mention that this pool will be classified as a "birth pool only". It was a wee bit expensive. The last pool we got for Saoirse's birth was just a kiddie pool and after her birth and a good cleaning the kids used it for the summer, at which time it saw it's full use and was put out with the trash come the fall. But this pool will be packed away for future births. So I thought it would be fun to put up my "predictions" of the outcome of this birth. You can all join in as well. Here is how I think it will go: Birth date: July 2. Gender: boy. Weight: 6lb, 5 oz and length 20 in.
The girls and I made a chain link for the countdown to the baby's due date. They kept asking me multiple times a day when the baby was coming. I told them only God knows that. But they kept asking. So we made a paper chain to count down the days till the due date (which is July 10th). I am praying I do go early or I know I will go crazy with hearing little girls asking me about why the chain is gone, but on baby. I suppose then we will add a link for every day late the baby is.

Ok, it's getting late and I want to add the pics of the house. I think I most will be self explainatory. Some of the kitchen, some bedrooms, the unfinished upstairs.... It's too late for me to make any captions for them. But at least you can get a peek.











































6 comments:

Lucy said...

Hi Kerri,
It's Tonya, just wanted to say congrats on the new baby and the house. Wow! I also wanted to say I really admire the fact that you live your life the way you want and don't let anyone drag you down. Oh and this a blog I think you might like. http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/ The kids say "HI" too...

Angie said...

Cool Kerri I love it. Makes me want to get one and be your neighbor. :o) I am so happy for you guys/gals :o)
Thanks for updating us.

Love Ya,Angie

The Southern Peach-Girls said...

Tonya,
HI there! It is good to hear from you! I wish I had your email. I have been visiting the vegan lunchbox for a while now. Thanks for the link though. I am always on the look out for some good healthy sites to expand my ideas of meals. Although I just got done making and freezing a whole bunch of meals filled with lots of meat! Yikes! But we will need to eat after the baby is born, and I dont' intend on doing anything for the first three weeks. Jerry can handle mac and cheese and pasta, but three weeks of that would make me sick :-) So I did a lot of pre cooking. I'm really glad you visited my blog. I've made it for family to come and "see" us. I thought it would be a good way to stay connected as my visits up north seem to be getting spaced further apart. I thought with not working I'd make more visits, but traveling with everyone is a big monumental ordeal. I hope you have a great day!
Kerri

Lucy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Southern Peach-Girls said...

Tonya,
I just wanted to let you know that I saved your email and then erased your comment as in the past on other people's blogs I left my email and got a bunch of junk email for months!! So I got the info, but didn't want you to have to go through with all the junk email that could pop up.
Kerri

Anonymous said...

Hi Kerri,

The house looks great inside! I can't believe how big the girls are getting! Can't wait to see all of you! Im glad things are going well for the family. I love this blog idea. Can't wait to see that baby!
Love, Tessa & Kalianne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...