Wednesday, January 15, 2014

This baby is up to something!

It is 6:30 AM, not my usual computer time :-)  But I was very hungry and needed a quick kefir smoothie!  I do believe we will be looking at a baby sometime in the next day or so.  I went to the chiropractors on Monday.  She said I was way off, and to expect some soreness from the adjustment.  She also said something about everything being able to move down now, and I should be more comfortable.  Huh?  Well yesterday I did notice things moving down, at least my hips felt it.  I went for a wee walk, with Aubrey in the evening. When we started out my left hip was quite painful.  It finally mellowed out.  When I got home it was time to finish dinner preparations and do some dishes.  The whole time my lower back was aching.  I didn't think much of it since the chiropractor told me I might be sore, including my lower back.  Well...imagine my surprise when I found that I lost "The Plug".  Oh. My.  I've only done that twice before being in actual labor, the other times I was in early labor.  So I wrapped up things and went to bed!  I didn't sleep much because I started having some contractions, that were very far apart....like 20 minutes or so.  But by golly how does one sleep if they think they may be going into labor!  Things finally petered off around 2:30 AM or so and I got a couple of hours of sleep.

The contractions I was having last night were not just braxton hicks.  Granted there was absolutely no pain with them, but instead of my whole tummy squeezing, this was all down low!  The baby has been doing some sort of jig as well right before each one started.  For now I got my tummy filled up, did some hip rotations on my big red ball, and I plan to jump back into bed to see if I can catch a few more winks.  I dread, dread, dread the idea of things not picking back up until 10 PM tonight. It seems to be the "number" when things happen with this baby.  Only time will tell.

In the meantime you all have a wonderful day. I'll try to get back on and update if anything else starts happening.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...