Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A MUST see...food storage

I am jumping on here for just a wee bit to share a really amazing series that The Welcoming House is having on food storage.  I highly recommend checking it out.  Currently I do not believe she has a direct link to the series itself, so I am just going to link up to her main page.  I think she is on day 4 or 5 of the series as of today.  In the most current post she has links to the other previous posts, so do check them out in order.

We have been slack in the food storage area most of this year!  Not a good thing, to be sure.  We really can not rely on one big purchase a year in hopes to build up our supply.  Don't get me wrong, it is a great start, and we really have made a dent.  Recently, though, we have had a few months of having to really cinch the pocket book in the grocery department.  That left us using a lot of the foods we had stored, and our food storage took a really big hit.  If you are doing food storage a little at a time, it really does add up!!  When we first started I thought we would never reach a decent supply...EVER!  But, month after month of buying those few extras really paid off.  At least until we had to not only stop buying a few extras each pay period, but then having to eat the things we already had stored.  Sigh.  But, I can be thankful we were able to cut back because we DID have food set aside.  I am praying we can pick up where we left off.

Anyways, check out the series, and let me know what you thought about it.  Are you building a food storage?  I think my main goal for the moment is to really plan out a catch up plan, and to be diligent and purposeful about it.  In the past I would just pick up a bit of this or that that I hadn't picked up in a while to add to our stock.  Don't get me wrong, it worked, I didn't have too much of any one item, but I would really like to make a bit of a plan to make sure we stay balanced.

Our computer break isn't totally over yet.  We've had some time here or there where we've been on, but we are still working out way to getting our work done in a timely manner...on a daily basis :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...