Thursday, September 27, 2012

Now we wait....

Today was Jedidiah's big test.  I am way toooooo exhausted to tell about it all, so I will give you the basics.

The IV didn't go in as well as I hoped it would.  But he only got stuck twice, so it could have been worse.

After that things went pretty darn smoothly!  He didn't get sick on the one med, and his blood pressure remained normal on the other.  Even the nurse said it was surprising that his blood pressure was so good as most kids blood pressure nose dives.

Jed handled the all day fasting very, very well.  I am very thankful that he didn't have a blood sugar crash.  As good as it all was, he was quite relieved to be able to eat when he got the go ahead :-)

We got home a little after 4PM, so it was a long day.  The boogie baby tried to make up for all the lack in nursing time this evening.  And poor Jonah just wasn't himself this evening.  He did say his stomach was hurting.  It was one of those times when something doesn't seem right, but you can't put your finger on it.  I am praying that all is well.

Oh, and we possibly contaminated some poor sick patient, or they may have contaminated us....one of the nurses sent us to the wrong bathroom...the bathroom for the 'contact' patients.  Have you ever seen a nurse, doc, or other outsider enter a 'contact' patient's room?  They suit up in a long yellow paper robe thingy, plus gloves and a mask.  Then as they exit they have to take all of that off and put it in the trash.  Jed was on contact as an infant during his hospital admission, due to a 'scare' of C-Diff.

Off to bed.  I am hoping the boogie baby isn't feeling like he still has lost time to make up...I need some zzzzz's

Oh, almost forgot.  We have to wait for the test results to come in, which will be in 7 to 10 business days.  Have I ever written about how I hate waiting on test results?  Let me count the ways......

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...