Wednesday, November 09, 2011

WOW!!!! Oh. My. Goodness.

Ok, I know, two posts in one day.  I just published my first post, then had to change Jed.  Like I said below, he's really been eating a lot lately.  His cheeks (before he got his fat lip) were looking more full.  so I decided to go ahead and weigh him.  Weighing Jed is still stressful to me for many reasons.  I almost fell over with the numbers I saw!!! It might not seem huge to some, but for Jed, this is HUGE!!  The last time I weighed him he was about 28.2 (or 28.4, I don't remember off the top of my head), but today he is 30.2!!!!  That's two pounds, TWO pounds in one month.  You have to understand that since we started this diet, only two months ago, he has now gained 4 pounds.  This is AMAZING!!!!  Jed gained all of 4 pounds for the WHOLE entire year (from August 2010-August 2011).  He just gained that in two months.  I have tears in my eyes.  This is like the icing on the cake, with all the other improvements we've seen in his behavior, and speech in these past two months.  There have been days when I really want to throw in the towel with this diet, but we've stayed the course.  I'm a realist though :-)  Jed has thrown us for so many loops that I don't hold my breath.  But I've learned to celebrate any steps forward that we do have.  And right now I'm celebrating.  I might just whip up some Vanilla White Bean Cake to celebrate!! Yup, I just might.....got to go make some cake!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...