Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Busy

I've not found time to get anything 'real' up on here.  I did make a video the other day of Jed talking....and it looks like our camera's card needs to be reformatted because I couldn't get it to upload to our computer.  Ugh!  I will see if Jeremiah can do something with it before I make another one. 

Today we went to a free movie.  Regal movie theaters are having their summer kid movie festival.  Each Tuesday and Wednesday at 10am they are showing two free movies.  You have the choice of a rated G or rated PG movie.  I found out about it just an hour before we needed to leave.  I wasn't going to go, but then the kids were highly motivated to get ready quick, so we went for it.  It was neat, and by golly cheap :-)  Save the gas money to get there, but still worth it.  So check out the website to see what theaters in your area are participating.  Go Here!

After the movie I decided to take the children to the airport observation park.  The movie theater was close by and it was a treat to go. Hot, hot, hot out, but everyone had fun.  The boys were awed!  I'm not sure if Jonah knew what to make of it all.  He was kind of stunned into silence.  After that we drove home.  Nothing like driving in 95 degree heat.....very humid heat at that, with no AC.  At these temps and humidity the blowing wind from the windows does nothing to cool you off.  I just keep reminding them and me that we still have it far better than Laura and Mary (Ingalls) did :-) 

I have been feeling much better these days, as far as the cardiovascular issues go.  I still have some nausea, not too bad, but  I;m really looking forward top feeling normal again.  Unfortunately for me eating does help with the nausea.  With not being able to exercise and the extra eating....lets just say I'm a bit plumper!  It's time to lace up and get moving (slowly to be sure).  Right now I seem to have a good day then two bad days, then a good day or two then a bad day.  For now that means we are just barely keeping up with things, but it will be getting better.  I just wish I had a bit more time before I got sick to make up those frozen dinner meals, as that would have saved us a ton of money on our grocery bill!  Yikes!  But these things happen, and like my sister and I were discussing, we need to just pick up the pieces and move on.  Keep moving in the right direction.  Talking about picking up pieces we also discussed about being the first generation to homeschool, and eat healthy, etc.  She is asking people for their input on what saw them through being the first in their families to tackle new territory.  We find it hard to keep on the path, we are always slipping.  Granted we always get back up, but how we would love to keep on the path.  So please check out her post and offer any advice you may have.

That's it for now.  Hoping to get that video up in the near future.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...