Saturday, July 18, 2009

a quick stop in

Tomorrow we have another birthday to celebrate, Jonah's first! I am really, really hoping that we are all well by then. We have caught a tummy bug that a couple of us have, including yours truly. We had a wonderful, wonderful visit with my sister and her family. Unfortunately some of them got sick as well! I hope they are all better by now :-) Anyways it was so great to see them all as it has been too long since we last saw each other. That last time was when Jed had his g-tube put in and they came down to help out. It was a whirlwind and stressful two days and then they were off, not a wonderful way to spend a visit, so I was happy to have had this one where we all had time to enjoy each others company. My sister was able to see the holistic care person that Jed is seeing. I am SO excited for her!!! She finally, FINALLY has answers to her health concerns that she has lived with for so very long. I have written some about our appointment and if you would like to visit my sister blog (link on the side bar) you can read about hers. She told my sister a story that makes my hair stand on end. A lady with cancer had been going the regular chemo/radiation route, but not getting much success. She decided to try an alternative care person and she was healed of her cancer. She went back to her oncologist for testing (I am assuming to get confirmation of it's remission/healing) and her oncologist was amazed that she was better and wanted to know what she did. She told him as she was very excited about the results and thought that the oncologist's inquiry was for that same reason. But not so, the oncologist went on to SUE the alternative care person for LOST WAGES!!! Tell me there's not something totally wrong with that picture! Anyways, that has made us a bit more apprehensive about sharing details as we wouldn't want to see anything happen to the person we are seeing.

I am on our back computer so I don't have access to the pictures that I took of our visit (I only got a few). I will be back, maybe tomorrow or Monday. Hopefully I'll have b-day pictures as well. I just remembered that I need to make a birthday sign for baby boy! I better get to work. I am hoping we will be able to make church tomorrow, but it's looking sketchy. Although I am feeling better at the moment as it seems that food is starting to make me feel better for short bouts of time, but then I feel sick all over again. Let me just say that I do NOT take kindly to stomach bugs! It's been 48 hours, which is 48 hours too long :-)

1 comment:

Nancy M. said...

I hope y'all will all feel better soon! Happy 1st Birthday Jonah!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...