Thursday, July 23, 2009

Finally the cake




So we were well enough, temporarily, to indulge in some birthday cake. I wanted to make a checkerboard cake for Jonah's birthday. We didn't get pictures of the inside of the cake, which is where the checkered pattern is. Oh well, it came out, but not very well. I needed to make three layers and so decided on making the batter from scratch. I was not very impressed with the cake. It was dense and so the layers were very short. It tasted really yummy, but it was missing that light, fluffy texture that I was looking for. Oh well, we live and learn :-) Jonah dived into the cake with his little fist and shoved it in his mouth.....a proper response I would say!
We are trying to get back on our feet from this tummy bug. We are now on a three day modified juice fast. It won't be all juice, some yogurt, kombusha, kefir (notice the theme of fermented liquids?) and some homemade chicken broth with brown rice. I am hoping to get our bodies back on track. A lot of things have gone undone over hear and we have our work cut out for us. I am stalling.....can you tell? Actually I have done quite a bit today, but it is in the area of food prep than cleaning. So off to clean and school :-) Have a great day!

4 comments:

Nancy M. said...

It's a pretty cake! I've never tried to make a checkerboard cake.

I hope y'all feel better soon!

Tracy S said...

Who has such talent? That is very cool writing! Send some cake our way!!!! Oh wait, never mind, can't have cake! :( Hope everyone is feeling better! Call me when you get a chance...

Lots of love,
Your bestest sister in the whole wide world!

Tracy S said...

Dear Auntie Kerri,

Happy birthday! I just love your blog it is so very nice. For ggs birthday we are going to chuck E Cheese is that exciting! I love you guys. Emma

Pam's Pride said...

Happy Birthday Jonah!


(orry off topic but....Can you email me the name and number of the lady the did Made to Trade day. I would really like to do this at my church but I can't figure out the point value for trade to make it fair! Thanks, Pam
writter1969 at yahoo dot com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...