Monday, November 02, 2015

The past week

I am hoping my new camera lens will be here soon.  We ordered one from a far off land :-)  I really wish I had it the other night with all the kids dressed up.  We never ended up going trick-or-treating as it got too late, but they did look cute.  We needed to get Moira to church so she could do make up for the last night of our church's alternative to a haunted house.  We heard that Chick fil A was giving out free kids meals to any child dressed up, and that Krispy Kreme (which is across the parking lot) was giving away a free doughnut to kiddos dressed up.  So we made our way for some free food.

I had not seen our church's 'play', so we drove there so I could see it, and the boys could see the kid version.  When we headed home to do some treating, it was 8 PM, and everything was 'shut down' for the night.  Oh well.  No biggie, we were going to give away the candy anyways!  We bought a bit of candy at the store, and the kids came home and watched a movie.

The week leading up to Halloween was eventful, in the illness way.  Sigh.  Four kids had the tummy bug.  Then Merida was showing her funky signs of a bladder infection.  My attempts, with natural remedies, failed and she ended up with a fever on Wednesday.  Knowing that by the time she has a fever things will go down hill fast, I took her to be seen by a doctor.

Due to insurance changes, we have a new doctor.  Let me just say....I WAS NOT pleased.  That would be an understatement.  I totally expected to be hounded about our choice not to vaccinate.  But I was NOT expecting some of the comments I got about breastfeeding and our family size....as if that has any bearing on my daughters health!  On top of it the doctor was incredulous that I wanted to take the 'least invasive' means first...you know, after all they really can't know what she has since she's not vaccinated.  ROLLING eyes.

Needless to say, he had to admit was I right after a quick urine test proved that she indeed had an infection, and a bad one at that.  Poor baby.  She is feeling better on the meds, but her tummy is taking a beating.  Only 5 more days!  I have to take her in today for them to do a retest to make sure the meds are working.  The doctor was not happy that they couldn't get a proper culture.  I don't think it is entirely necessary, but since it's noninvasive I will go with the flow. Don't want to be too contrary :-)

Off to get ready for the appointment!  Please pray that they have the proper equipment, and that Merida's body cooperates and she needs to pee in quick order :-)

1 comment:

Kelly Timberlake said...

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with the ped! I'd love to know where you went--I've been exploring options and may be able to point you in a better direction if you need to switch again. I think I'm happy with where we just switched to, at least so far!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...