Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Still here, and something creepy

I have not forgotten about my new series.  I actually have another post in draft.  The only problem is that it was getting long, and wild, so I was putting it on hold to figure out what to do with it.  I'm such a slacker :-)

Merida has found her footsies!  Too cute!!!!  She puts everything in her mouth.  E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.  Every.  Single.  Thing.  No, I am not over doing it with the wording.  This child is a crazy girl :-)  Today in particular she has been so fussy.  Not her usual self at all.  But, without the wheat she is sleeping so much better.  She is back to 7 hours stretches at night.  Looking forward to when it goes back to 8 to 10 hours.  But the past two days she has had a 3 hour nap in the morning.  Wow!  I don't know what to do with myself :-)  Oh, yeah, I guess I should be working or cleaning or something.  Hmmm, what a concept.

Actually there has been a lot of work done. I need to show you all what we did in our family room.  I still have not taken proper after pictures.  Plus Jeremiah and I put together the kiddos next semester school schedule.  That meant downloading a lot of books to PDF.  That was Jeremiah's job :-)  I just had to figure out which books were going to be read on which days.  Then I made up a summer schedule.  We are going to be schooling through the summer.  Summers here can be on the hot side (that is an understatement).  Humid and hot.  We usually school in the morning, and have free/outside time in the afternoon.  That will not work for summer.  So I flipped things around so that we do morning chores, then have outside time.  We come back together right before lunch for our school together time, lunch, then individual lessons (while the boys have nap/quiet time).  I'm pretty excited to see how it will work out.

So now the creepy thing that happened here last night.  I wanted to preface this part of the post, but wasn't sure how, without it getting really long. So the short of it is this....we believe there is a spiritual world, and angels/demons that come and go between the two (the physical and spiritual).  I and some of the kids have had some interesting things happen in the past.  Like little boys (different ones) that would always look to the same corner of our room.  Sometimes scared.  One of them was finally old enough to talk.  I asked him what he was looking at.  He said, while pointing to the same spot, "the bad man".  Um, yeah, ok.  I tried to see if there were shadows that might make it look like a man up in the corner of the room, but nope.  There have been other things, but last night was a wee bit different.

It was time to put Merida to bed for the night.  I took mental note of where everyone was, only because if one of them is in my bathroom and they come out while I'm trying to put Merida down to sleep it can mess things up.  This is a fast process, not one I go searching around for everyone, but just kind of pulling up a mental tab as I walk towards my bedroom.  Everyone was accounted for as far as I knew.

I was rocking the baby in the rocking chair as she nursed to sleep.  I was thinking about what I should tackle after I put her down.  With the conference coming soon, there are a lot of little things I know I need to get on top of.  The baby was asleep in my arms, and I figured I'd give her another minute or two before I put her down.  And then, clear as day, there was a young girls voice that said, "mommy", right behind me.  I would say about 2.5 feet behind me.  I freaked!  I turned around FULLY EXPECTING there to be a girl at the end of my bed, maybe trying to scare me. We like to prank/scare each other in our family.  But though I don't mind pranks, scaring mama is a big no-no.  At least if you don't want a black eye or something!  I didn't see anyone, and instantly figured maybe one of them was under the covers on my bed, again, trying to scare me....though the voice was not muffled, as if coming from under a blanket.

There were no bumps in the bedding.  There was NO ONE in the room besides Merida (who is sleeping and can't talk anyways!) and myself.  Our window was open, but the voice most certainly did not come from outside.

I put the baby down, prayed, and thought some more about this voice.  I decided to walk out of the room to see if someone was on the computer that may have been the source of the voice.  No one was on the computer.  Jeremiah was out back, asking the girls what they were up to.  Two of the girls had gone out back (far from my room!) and he went out to see what they were doing.  The boys were in their bedroom, at the other end of the house.  Though when I heard the voice they had been in the living room, right outside my door.  But they were rough housing, and no one was upset, needing to call out mommy.  And the voice most certainly came from behind me, not from the front, which is where the boys were.

Needless to say it was really freaky!  I am hoping there won't be a repeat tonight.  We shall see.

I have a little boy begging to get on the computer, so off I go :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...