Sunday, February 09, 2014

Big stuff

I haven't had much time to post...hmmmm...I wonder why :-)  Let us just say that my recovery, although soooo much better in many aspects, has one very major difficulty going for it.  Sigh.  This means that although I finally (after years!!) having energy, after feeling as if I didn't even have a baby three weeks ago (pain wise), there is a major flaw in my anatomy that will take a very long time to heal.  As such I get to practice my mothering skills from the couch.  Not exactly fun.  I do have hopes that since I am taking it easy and doing very minimal exercises, that come the 6 to 8 week mark I may be able to "dive" into doing more to help my condition.  Until then I was told to lay low and let things heal so that I don't add to my troubles.

On top of an unexpected delay in recovery, we are facing some big challenges within our family.  The number one being that Jeremiah lost his job.  Not exactly a good thing with 9 mouths to feed, but it is what it is.  I am trying my best to abide in the Lord, knowing that He alone is our provider.  Funny how we feel that we are in charge of such things until that 'rug' is ripped out from under us.  Not that I had anything to do with the providing part, but I think you know what I am getting at.  

Other than that I am continuing to school from the couch.  I write up lists for the girls as to what needs to be done each day.  I have to say for the most part they are getting it all done.  For that I am very thankful.  It would be helpful if some of it wasn't like pulling teeth...but, hey, it's getting done :-)  

Baby is getting fussy.  She seems to be getting over her growth spurt and slept like a champ last night.  I am thankful for these small things, and try to remain thankful throughout the day for the small things.

Jeremiah has two job interviews coming up this week.  If you remember, please say a prayer that he gets a job quickly.  Thank you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...