Tuesday, November 19, 2013

When animals get in the way....

I really wish I had photos to share what happened yesterday.  It was rather hilarious.  It was to be in the 70's yesterday, so I made sure to get the boys out for a long time!  Today it is going to feel cold since it is going to be 25 degrees colder...and windy!  Brrr.  Anyways, out we went.  I brought along a notebook as I needed to write down a to-do list for the day.  The boys got busy playing (chasing animals, jumping on the trampoline, making 'houses' and such), and I plunked myself down in a chair.  I pulled out my notebook to get busy with the work I needed to do :-)

But working proved difficult.  It seemed that all the animals wanted my attention.  Namely 3 goats, and two cats, along with a few chickens that made their way over to see what I was up to (they must see if you have any food with you!).  The cats kept jumping into my lap to snuggle and be pet.  The goats came over for some petting as well, and if I stopped they would keep nudging my arm!  That makes writing quite difficult.  But stopping to pet them meant not petting the lap cat, who decided to get in my face.  Ha!  Or he would rub his head along the coils of the notebook.  If I stopped petting the goats to pet the cat the goats would either nudge my arm, or try to eat my notebook and pen. It was a no win situation.  I was stuck petting animals for a while :-)

Eventually, not minutes before we headed in, they decided to pursue other interests.  I took my unfinished work inside....to finish.  We went out again later in the day and the same thing happened!  Next time I will bring a camera!  It is a funny site to see, being surrounded by "barn" animals, all impatiently waiting for some loving. 

2 comments:

Sarah Faith said...

you are so patient! haha that sounds like quite a funny picture indeed.

The Southern Peach-Girls said...

Ha, ha! I think it has more to do with a big belly than patience :-) I didn't feel like getting up to go somewhere else. But it was pretty comical to be surrounded by animals, all wanting to be pet at the same time.

Kerri

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...