Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Just popping in

We have all been doing well, as well as we can be.  Things got a bit hectic as we were nursing our oldest dog about a week and a half ago.  Unfortunately we needed to put her down.  It was a few days filled with lots of tears.  So I have been missing in action due to that and just trying to stay on track.  I have swirling in my head how I want to share our schedule with you and the things I am doing/using to make it work.  Soon.  For now we are carrying on, getting all of our stuff done.  This is no joke that we have *NEVER* been this orderly for this long.  Ever.  It is a good feeling. 

Tonight I need to finish up my menu as shopping day is approaching. After that I hope to have some time to write.  Oh, and if you think of it, please pray for us, it's a silly thing, but just 'one more thing' that seems to be adding to the pile of things that have fallen on us.  It appears our AC is not working.  The fan works, the thermostat is working, at least to kick it into gear....but no cold air, just lukewarm air blowing out.  I am *very* thankful that we are having a mild summer (at least by our Southern standards)!  But our budget can only take so much.  Thank you!!

(And this is totally random, but the AC, and the cool summer have reminded me that I should share a very interesting article with you all.  We've heard again and again and again about global warming. Well, a few years ago my dad mentioned something about Europe having gone through, and will probably go through again, a mini ice age---that took place between the 1300's and 1800's.  I was up in the middle of the night, not wanting to go back to bed after a bad dream (another side note, I have only had bad or crazy dreams during this pregnancy after I consume wheat!) and thought I would look up this interesting history of a mini ice age. Well, it appears that we are not in for global warming, but another mini ice age, as per the lack of sun spots.  I am assuming that sun flares and sun spots are different.  I don't have a clue.  I have to say I do NOT side with either position, but I still found this interesting.  I'll see if I can find the link.  Definitely made me go, "Huh?")

1 comment:

Michael (Light-In-A-Box) said...

So sorry you had to put your old pooch down, it's never easy to see an old friend go.
Good luck with your AC!
I don't know about the Ice Age but the planet is under constant change, we've had the worst flooding ever in Alberta, I've never seen anything like it before!
You folks take care & be well. : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...