Monday, April 09, 2012

powering down

I know, I don't write in ages, then two posts in one day.  Actually I am hopping on here to say that in a wee bit I will be powering down our computers for a spell.  We have so, so, so much work to do around here and the computers are a temptation to all.  I've been doing a bunch of dehydrating, the kids and Jeremiah have been doing a bunch of outside work, and in the process our house is a heap of a mess.  It has become evident that we do not have a firm foundation in chores and diligence.  There will be a ton more gardening to do, goat babies are due to arrive in two weeks (MILKING soon, woo hoo!), more dehydrating, and I am hoping to try my hand at pressure canning meat.  We are taking an early break from schooling to jump into more decluttering and totally devote ourselves to working on being diligent in the everyday small stuff.  I will probably be checking email here or there, but I am really going to try to stay off till we get our house in order. 

My main goal will be to get the girls working on their own, without me having to stand over them.  I think it will help if we have set times during the day that the work gets done.  Although they each have an assigned room, things like laundry and dishes have been a hassle.  Not to mention that they would be involved in something when I call out it's time to to tidy their rooms, making the whole process take forever because they would want to finish up what they were doing.  There are a lot of things they want to accomplish, but we keep putting time in nonessentials, there by decreasing our time to put towards the things we really want to get done.  Not sure how this will all work out.  I do have two sheets that divide the work of the dishes and laundry between us.  Set days/ or times to accomplish those tasks.  Plus, for a time I think I am going to box up a bunch of stuff to put in the attic to make cleaning up an easier task.  It is obvious that the decluttering I have already done was not enough, since we are not taking care of the things that were left down here.  So box, box, box.  Or maybe bag, bag, bag as I do not believe we have any boxes on hand. 

I am looking forward to this time.  It will be difficult, but I am sure it will pay dividends in the long run.  Please, if you think of it, do pray for us.  This is going to require a LOT of work on my part.  I am ever so thankful I have more energy, due to taking a week to do a juice fast.  Seriously, I was thinking I would never have energy ever again!  GAPS has done a lot for my health, but having energy wasn't one of them!  I will write more about the reasons, and how we handled the juice fasting (Jeremiah and myself).  I plan on juice fasting every other week for a couple of months.  I wanted to do just one long juice fast, but that is not financially possible.  So far so good.  I've been making sure to do a LOT of detoxing supplements to make sure they do not get recycled.  I am assuming it is helping as only the first day of the juice fast was hard.  After that I was fine, more energy by the day.             

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...