Thursday, December 24, 2009

Having fun with Picnik


I really want to yell! UGH! I can not get my photos to move or my text to copy and paste, which means I have to type everything over again. I have been playing around with a free online photo editing tool today. Probably spending too much time. Actually the online tool is easy, but then I went on to try to make a collage in Photoshop and I can not for the life of me figure it out!!!! I saw that I can make a collage in Picnik (the free online photo editing site), but I only saw my unedited pictures available. Maybe that is how they snatch you into becoming a premium customer....or I just haven't figured out how to get my edited pictures to the collage page. Either way I have maxed out my patience with it. I must get up and do some tidying. So here are the few pictures that I did today. In another post I think I will post them as before/afters. But I won't attempt that until I can figure out how I can move the photos around in Blogger. I don't know why I seem to have this problem every few months. If anyone has the answer PLEASE tell me :-)


I tried putting text under the photo at the top of this post, but then it made the photo disappear. Um, I'm about to call the people at Blogger and let them know how I feel about that! I thought the photo above came out kinda neat. Picnik has a tool to select an area of the photo that you can have in color while the rest goes black and white. I was having fun trying out the different options!


Here I made the photo black and white, then unmasked to wrist warmers to put them back in color.


This photo was originally in color, and I made it b/w, rotated to photo and added some text.



With this photo I selected to option to keep one part of the photo in focus, leaving the rest of the photo in blur. I also added a border to the final image.
Lots of fun, with a bit of frustration mixed in.
Have a Merry Christmas!!


2 comments:

Gabrielle Hellwig said...

Thanks for keeping us updated with all the fun pictures, Mrs. Pechin!!! Picnik is a lot of fun, isn't it? I've been using the free version for some time and have been enjoying it, though have lately moved on to paint.net and gimpshop. I read you were having trouble with pictures on blogger??? I never have and I may have an idea of what's going on. If you'd like to email me (gabrielle.hellwig@gmail.com) I'd love to chat and see if your problems are familiar. :)

Thanks again for keeping us updated! I really enjoy following your family's adventures! Jonah is growing up sooooo fast!!! :)

Blessings,
Gabrielle

Nancy M. said...

They look great! I hope you had a Merry Christmas too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...