Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A new take on OCD

Jed seems to have OCD. I am not an expert on it at all, so I really don't know if he really has it. My sister and I think that eveyone has it to one extent or another :-) Anyways, Jed's seems to morph into new areas. We will seemingly get over one area when another pops up. And some are easier to deal with than others. This one has been a bit more challenging. At first we thought he was just wanting more attention. He has been doing well lately and maybe he isn't getting as much attention from us than usual. However the other day it was pretty clear that it was more than that. It starts with Jed wanting to look at a book with me. The book in particular is a childrens 'dictionary'. Each page has a group of similar objects (clothing, toys, transportation, etc.) on it. He then says 'bah' while signing 'mom'. He waits for me to respond with a 'yes?' or 'what?'. Then he looks at me to make sure I am looking right at the book, and then points to one of the pictures for me to name. This happens with EACH. AND. EVERY. PICTURE. So after 20 pages of that, I decided to change things up a bit. I decided to point to the pictures myself and name them as that would cut out the bah?, what?, look/point. Um, yeah, that didn't work! That sent Jed into a tizzy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...