Monday, November 23, 2009

Changes

Well I am not sure where to begin. It looks like I will need to drastically cut my computer time coming up. We are in the midst of what I will call a family crisis. And due to that we would really covet your prayers. I have a list of generic requests. I am sure you can understand my need to be discreet at this time.

Pray for:
Wisdom. There will be lots of decisions to be made and a heavy dose of wisdom would be welcomed!

Patience. I really want to know, NOW, how this is all going to turn out, but these things don't work themselves out overnight.

That God would wield His Magic Eraser. Enough said on that one, but needed VERY much.

Healing.

Protection from the fiery darts of the enemy.

I am sure there are a ton more, but right now those would suffice.

The Lord has been calling to me for some time to come and walk with Him. I have been putting that on hold for a while now, but am now in a position that I NEED to be walking with Him. I had a bit of an analogy to share with you all about having a deep relationship with the Lord. Please remember that analogies usually break down somewhere and I am sure mine has many holes in it. But I think it will get the point across. You see you can know *about* God but still live a defeated life. You can know a lot of scriptures and still be living the status quot. You can not live an abundant life unless you *KNOW* God. I am sure what I just said doesn't seem to be any different than the previous sentences, but there is a world of difference. And I know, because I have lived it. So here is my analogy.

Let's say that you are poor. You wear rags, eat beans and rice each and every day and have to walk everywhere because you don't have a vehicle. Now let's say that you have a very rich aunt. You know a lot *about* her. You know where she lives, what she likes, what she doesn't like and stuff like that. But other than that her life doesn't have any impact on yours. You can tell all your friends about this aunt, but that information has no impact on your life. But let's say that one day you get a letter in the mail from your rich aunt. She tells you that she would love correspond with you and that when she returns your letters she will include a check to meet your needs. Now at this point knowing that information STILL will NOT change your life. You can tell everyone that this aunt can meet your needs but still be living in poverty. It is only when you actually write back to her, that she then sends you a letter in response to yours that you start to know her more intimately. Plus you also receive a nice check that you are then able to buy some newer clothing with. Then you can start eating a more varied diet. And as you continue to correspond with her your needs are continually met. One week you tell her how hard things have been with all the rain and having to walk in it each day. And low and behold she sends you a vehicle. Now you can tell your friends all about your aunt, and not just the casual facts, but about how much she loves you, cares for you and all sorts of wonderful things. And your life is PROOF of it.

Now I chose to use money as an example only because of how tangible it is. But this would apply to any need. Are you living a life filled with anger and bitterness? Are you living in depression? The list can go on and on. The idea is that the Bible tells us not only about God, but about how He wants to "correspond" with us. When you find scriptures that say, you are a new creation, you can be sure that He meant it. When it says that all you have to do is ask for ( fill in the blank---biblically that is, say the fruit of the Spirit, or something else that scripture says you can have) then all you really have to do is ask and then wait EXPECTANTLY for it. I mean what good would it do for you to have written your aunt, then not check your mail box each day for her return letter? So I hope I was able to convey the difference in knowing *about* God and *knowing* God.

And I am being called to *know* God. A wonderful friend of mine was able to share an experience she recently had. And it has to do with finding the time to spend with the Lord. If you find yourself saying that you just don't have the time, chances are that there is something in your life that you are making more of a priority (idol even) than the Lord. I thought about that one, and it didn't take me long to figure out where I could find the time......my computer time! Ouch! I plan on having a movie night on Friday's for the girls, and I think I may just make Friday night my computer night. The rest of the week the computer will remain off. Well, for the most part, I do let Jed watch Signing Time during his feedings. But I want to be committed, and so in between the ST viewing it will be off. This is going to be hard...for me ! So if I don't answer your emails or post your comments for a long time, please know I am not ignoring you. I just won't be here very much. I will update my blog each week though. It is my online journal, and I don't want to stop journaling about our life.

I want to leave you with some VERY, VERY cute crochet patterns. I am making the stars currently to decorate our doorways/windows with. I plan on making a flock of birds to go up on our Christmas tree as well. And golly gee, how can one resist a blanket of colorful hexagons? I get all giddy when I go to this persons blog! Enjoy!

Stars tutorial, and more pictures of Stars

Birds

Blanket

6 comments:

Nancy M. said...

I'm praying for you and your family!

Laura said...

I so very much enjoy reading about your family and keeping up with your family happenings.

I understand where you are coming from and what you are talking about. I post on my blog and read a few but have cut out lots of the comments...no time. I now rise early to have time with the Lord, to know HIM:) I'll be praying for you, and could you remember me also.

Tracy S said...

I thought I'd pop in real quick to give you a link. I know we just talked not an hour ago, but this mother blew me away with her wisdom and recent writings!!! Her 2 recent posts made me cry, but not necessarily out of sadness...read and you'll see why!
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/adivinecalling/

Love to all! Many prayers for you, Jerry, and the lil ones!

Me

Anonymous said...

Dear Kerri,

It's been a long time since I've gotten in touch with you. Will you please write me at my email address and if you don't mind, could I give you a call (only I can't find your phone number so you'll have to email it to me). :D

Thank you!

Julia Stone

Anonymous said...

Your post scared me. I have been checking in to see if everything is coming along. Usually posts like that are a serious illness or marital problems or some other family crisis. God will point you in the right direction even if it doesn't seem to be the right direction at the time. Merry Christmas to you and your family. God Bless and I will keep praying.

Jan

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...