Friday, April 17, 2009

Jonah

Here is a post (some of it anyways) that I had in draft form. I'm trying to catch up on blogging :-)

First I want to say to Nancy, that I am sorry about your chickens. Before we ever got our chickens or goats I didn't think too much about it when I had heard of other people loosing their animals. I felt bad for them, but I didn't really know how they felt. Which is why we decided to add yet another animal to our little farm. Isabella wrote all about it (I should say "her") on her blog, so I will let her tell you more about her. It is a Great Pyrenees, all white and fluffy. We have heard about their ability to protect livestock. I wasn't too keen on the idea, but after all this time of hand feeding the goats and bringing up chickens in our bathroom I couldn't bare the thought of all that hard work going "poof" in one night. Not to mention the attachment that you grow with them. Seriously if you asked me what I thought of goats just a few months ago.....eh...take 'em or leave 'em would have been my response. But now, being in the middle of raising goats ourselves.....I have a different answer...I LOVE goats! They are great, everyone should have some goats :-)



Now, on to Jonah. I feel like a bad Mommy for not writing sooner about my little guys accomplishments. He is now 8 months old. EIGHT months already!!! Where has the time gone? So Jonah started the army crawl at six months. He now does a normal crawl, although still relies heavily on the army crawl. He can sit up, get from lying down to sitting up and vise-a-versa.

The above was written a few weeks ago. This has been in draft form for a while now. Jonah has added to his accomplishments. He can pull to standing and takes just a few little cruising steps now and then. He also waves bye-bye and says it too!! I finally took the plunge and trained him to go to sleep on his own. I tried that a few months ago, but on day 3 we all got sick, including Jonah, and I stopped the process. He seemed to remember some of it, and did very well. The first and fourth day were particularly hard, but really it wasn't bad. And it has made the rest of life so much easier!!! I have been able to get some things done around here :-)

Jonah's personality is still somewhere between Flannery's and Saoirse's. He is prone to more grumpiness, but is easier to coax into smiling than Flannery was. He is more serious than the others were. He is a bit more cautious when meeting someone, checking them out, a bit suspicious of any one. He, however, is not suspicious of things, ANYTHING, that would be on the floor, picking it up and promptly putting it into his mouth. I mean EVERYTHING!!! We spent two days getting our house back in order this past week and for the first time in a couple of weeks I could put him down on the floor to play without worrying that he would choke to death on something he found. Now granted there is a little thing here or there, we do have six children, some of who are very fond of Playmobil and other small things. But we've sorted and organized and things are contained once again. He can roam around with supervision and us not having to pick up something every few seconds.

Well that's our little guy in a nutshell. We love him....well most of us do anyways. The girls are a bit more weary in the love department. They are learning to deny themselves, and serve others and sometimes that is hard, especially when it involves a cranky baby. Jedidiah was very easy to care for as a baby. He was happy to do anything, or nothing. Not so with Jonah. He keeps us on our toes and like I said is more prone to being grumpy (that is code for: cries a lot).

Off to start our day. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have things in better order! We get so much more accomplished!

2 comments:

Nancy M. said...

I hope the dog will help protect your animals also. I have heard good things about Great Pyreness dogs. I would love for us to get some goats, but I probably need more protection for them first.

Jonah sounds like my 20 month old. He's grumpy too, lol!

The Southern Peach-Girls said...

Hi mom here's a comment from Antie Tracy:

Hi Isabella! I LOVE your new puppy...she is very adorable! You do A LOT!!!! We hope to have a lot of property with animals soon! I am hoping my kids work as hard as you do! Hope all of you have a great day! Tell your mom thanks for the updates on her blog!

See ya'!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...