Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Our new seven year old

Late last week we celebrated Flannery's birthday. She is now seven years old! She had chosen her birthday dinner-steak, potatoes, and cranberry sauce. She also picked out a princess cake. I am thinking we may go back to just having a homemade cake. We were all a bit sugared out after just one piece. It gave me a headache from being so sweet. Flannery was thrilled to be the birthday girl. I didn't have time to upload all of the pictures from the day, but I have a few to share now, and some I'll share later.


Flannery looking into her princess mirror. All the girls were waiting for a turn.

Before she could be the princess she needed to clean off her crown :-)


Three happy girls, ready to indulge in some yummy cake.



Flannery posing with her cake.





Flannery and her birthday sign. This year Isabella made the sign. The birthday girl gets to offer what type of drawings she would like to have on her birthday sign. Flannery chose collies and Australian shepherds. I'm not sure why the picture is so dark, they all turned out that way! Bummer.

That is all the birthday fun I have for you.
I went to court the other day to see if I could get excused from jury duty. I am excused for one year. I am not sure if that means that in 12 months I will automatically be called back, or if in 12 months my name goes back into the system. I have a feeling it is the former. But I think a year will be enough time to make it easier for me to be away. Only time will tell. I am thankful for the extension and I thank you for praying for this situation. I know it is minor in the scheme of things. I think there is more wonder in the small answers to prayer sometimes. Don't get me wrong, the big prayer answers are wonderful and amazing. But the small answers are just a wonderful reminder that God cares about the small details of our lives. I just have to be mindful of bringing the small matters to Him, as I am more inclined to "make things happen" on my own.
I wanted to let everyone who has made comments on my blog to know how thankful I am for your encouragement, suggestions and kind words. I have really wanted to write back to each one, but I am finding time to be short. I write here on my blog because I use it as our family's journal. I have had limited time to surf freely. Which is a good thing, I just wish I had a wee bit more time to let others know I am thinking of them and thankful for them. Right now my time is being spent looking for new recipes, homeschool resources and homesteading how to's. I stop by my regular blogs still, I just have not had time to leave a comment. On one of my favorite blogs there was a link to a wonderful homeschool resource. Take a look!
Ok, off to do some work. I have been having a hard time getting into the swing of things these days. Part of it is that a lot of little things have popped up that need to be done. Those little things add up!


1 comment:

Nancy M. said...

Happy Birthday Flannery!

I believe we all try to take our small problems into our own hands. I forget that even when something is small, He can help me just as good as when I have a big problem.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...