Wednesday, May 07, 2014

I never thought I'd be here....

I could write a very long post on this.  I suppose I will some day, for my memory's sake.  For now I will just keep this brief.

Sixteen years ago I held a wee babe in my arms.  As any new parent I was filled with all sorts of thoughts and dreams for my first born child (and for all children there after :-)).  I can't really say what exactly I imagined life was going to look like sixteen years into the future (I am being prompted to remember that it is almost seventeen years!), but I know one thing...I didn't think it would be like this.  And the good news?  I'm glad where I am.

I knew from very early on that Isabella was an animal lover.  For the longest time it was a tie between dogs and horses. But now horses are the rule of the day.  Even when horses started taking over I still didn't imagine we would be where we are at.  I mean, who can afford horse riding lessons?  The good news is that you don't have to be able to afford them, you just have to be willing to work for them :-)

The girls have been into making videos lately.  Isabella has made a few horsey type videos, but they have been with other people's clips.  Tonight I saw a video that was made from either her clips, or from her sisters'.  And I have to say, it 'says' Isabella.

In the beginning you will see her with a horse.  The person you see next, riding, is not her.  The location is either at her old barn, or a new location, that she will soon be working at.  She will have two barns that she works for.  One teaches Dressage, and the other teaches Jumping. You even get to see Flannery dancing in the video.  The rest of the footage was taken at the Rodeo.  You get to see the Drill Team, and some pony rides.  I mean, a rodeo?  I never saw that one coming!!  Ha, ha.  I suppose I better get used to it :-)  Isabella is determined to do barrel racing, as well as eventing....Oh, and while we are at it, the Olympics as well.

Anyways, this is getting longer than I anticipated, so let me leave you with Isabella's video. I tried embedding it, but it wouldn't allow me to, here's the link instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B67etJEydj4

1 comment:

Jeremiah said...

Awesome. I'm proud of you, baby-girl!

-Daddy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...